High Fat, Low Protein

Options
Chelsea_O
Chelsea_O Posts: 45 Member
Hi fellow low-carbers-

I am loving this LCHF diet and my and my hubby are each close to reaching a 10 lb loss. The issue I seem to keep running into is not consuming enough fat. I can't seem to eat enough fat without going way over on my protein intake goal. Will my weight loss be stunted if I eat more protein than I need? Will it be stunted if I don't eat enough fat? What foods do you recommend with substantial fat, but low protein?

TIA :)

Replies

• motown13
    motown13 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Are you familiar with "fat bombs"?
  • Chelsea_O
    Options
    No, but it sounds wonderful lol
  • bametels
    bametels Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    I've struggled with the same problem. It's taking me time to adjust to the understanding that fat is not bad and that I can add it liberally to meals and drinks. For example, I would cook lean meats and use cooking spray in the pan. Now, I am often using fattier meats, for example, chicken thighs with skin instead of chicken breasts and full fat sausage in place of lean sausage. Although, I do still eat lean meast. When I do eat leaner meats, I typically cook them in olive oil or butter or make a 'fatty' sauce that includes butter, oil, cream, and/or full fat cheese. I have also switched from nonfat dairy to full fat dairy. Another way that I have increased my fat is in my coffee. No more sugar free, fat free creamers. This has been a hard adjustment. However, I found that I really enjoy coffee with coconut oil and vanilla flavored liquid stevia. I add some powdered cacao or cinnamon sometimes, too. Heavy cream in coffee or tea will increase fat intake too. Adding fat to my veggies including olive oil, butter, coconut oil, and peanut butter for a satay sauce ups my fat intake. And, bacon has come back into my life. I am finding that when I do up my fake intake, I don't feel the need to eat as much protein because I don't get as hungry. I've not tried making fat bombs yet but people swear by them. A Internet search on this term will provide links to information and recipes.
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    pinterest.com has been my best friend ....search keto or LCHF and you will get tons of recipes
  • motown13
    motown13 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Well, fat bombs can be your best friend.... google it. :)
  • Chelsea_O
    Options
    I have discovered fat bombs, my life will never be the same lol thank you all!