"Corn-dog" nuggets

Options
ladipoet
ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
http://asweetlife.org/recipes/corn-dog-nuggets/

Made these for the 2nd time. Have to say they are SOOOOOOOOOOO darned good!! They are fast becoming a favorite in my household. I used cashew milk instead of almond milk because that was all I had on hand. Even though there is no "corn" in this recipe, swear to god they taste like there is corn in there somewhere!! Dunk in your favorite condiment (catsup, mayo, mustard) and enjoy!

Replies

• ladipoet
    Options
    Oh yes, forgot to mention the most important part: use a silicon muffin pan, not a metal one. The first time I made this recipe, I used a metal pan. Even with greasing the pan, I had a terrible time getting them out in one piece. This time I used silicon mini-muffin forms, filled the cups and set them in the metal mini-muffin pan for added support and once baked they came out so easily...it was a huge difference. I'll use the silicon forms going forward from now on.
  • motown13
    motown13 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Oh snap! I love corn dogs! And I have all the ingredients and the silicone muffin pans.
  • ladipoet
    Options
    I'm telling you....you will NOT be disappointed!!
  • bametels
    bametels Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    This looks like a nice hors d' oeuvres substitute for pigs in a blanket!
  • motown13
    Options
    Well, I wanted to make these for dinner tonight ( wife is not going to be home, so I don't have to cook a big meal ).... but both my kids said they don't like corn dogs... so tomorrow, I will cut the recipe by half, and enjoy them at lunch.
  • phxteach
    phxteach Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    S
  • phxteach
    Options
    Sounds tasty. What hot dog do you recommend that has less artificial junk and nitrites and low carb?
  • motown13
    Options
    phxteach wrote: »
    Sounds tasty. What hot dog do you recommend that has less artificial junk and nitrites and low carb?

I think the brand is called Applegate.... available at BJ's wholesale, but other places too.

• ladipoet
    Options
    I usually use either Nathan's Hotdogs or Hebrew National.
  • phxteach
    Options
    Thanks!
  • bametels
    bametels Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    If you have Kroger's near you, their Simple Truth hot dogs are free from all those chemicals and fillers.