surgery April 4th!

Options
Lori_Pensel
Lori_Pensel Posts: 34 Member
edited March 2016 in Social Groups
I am having my sleeve done on April 4th. My Dr requires 3 weeks pre-op liquid protein shakes diet. I am on day 3 and have a horrible headache, feel shaky and very nauseous. They said we are allowed crystal light, so I have added sf popsicles and sf jello. I am super excited about surgery, I am concerned about making that far on shakes only. Any suggestions would be so helpful!

Replies

• NicoleL874
    NicoleL874 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    You should start feeling better in a day or so. My worst days were the first three. Just keep plugging along, your body is detoxing, and when you cut carbs like that your body hates you. Hang in there and good luck!
  • Deckhand562
    Deckhand562 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    NicoleL874 wrote: »
    You should start feeling better in a day or so. My worst days were the first three.

This was true for me also. I've done juice cleanses a couple times over the years (thank God I won't do that anymore!) and I got the headaches and dizziness.
    Congrats on your decision! It was the best one I ever made.
  • Lori_Pensel
    Options
    Thank you! Day 4 and pressing on. The 4th seems so far away, 17 more days. I am trying to focus on 1 day at a time so I don't feel so overwhelmed. It helps to get input and encouragement!! <3<3
  • Deckhand562
    Deckhand562 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    The 4th seems so far away, 17 more days. It helps to get input and encouragement!! <3<3

One week to go, Lori! Are you excited! I know we're all excited for you :)
  • Lori_Pensel
    Options
    I am super excited!! I can not wait!! :) 6 more days!!!!!
    Thank you Deckhand562