hello...

Options
quixotic84
quixotic84 Posts: 66 Member
Is anyone still active in this group? I would love to talk with others with MS on MFP

Replies

• psmd
    psmd Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Sorry no one's replied yet! I guess the group is not that active. What's your story? I was diagnosed with MS about 4 years ago. It got me motivated to lose weight, be more active, eat better. So I"m sort of grateful in that sense. I'm currently not taking any medication because of potential pregnancy but am getting monthly steroids as prevention, so far it's working out okay. Would love to hear what's going on with you!
  • hartland45
    hartland45 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to get re-motivated! I had lost 20kg when various things sabotaged me and I've put back 5+ kg. How stupid. I've had MS for over 30years, have 2 children, and have tried just about every treatment going as they were invented, starting with steroids. I'm now on Tysabri, which has been excellent, and the first treatment that has made a real difference, I still have steroids occasionally, as a top-up when the MS has a mini relapse, like now. I really want to lose lots more weight but lately have felt so flat. It's hard at the best of times with MS, hard to get exercise, hard to keep feeling motivated. I"ve just logged in again after a 5 month gap, so here's hoping! This group isn't very active, but good wishes to anyone who reads this. Let's get the better of this blasted disease, starting [again!] with losing weight.
  • rachelroma
    rachelroma Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hello ... I've been on MFP and a part of this group for a long time, but have wandered a bit. Now I'm trying to get back to a healthier version of myself. Not on any meds atm... Just as I get diagnosed my local neuro takes away the diagnosis -since 2011... ugh! Hoping they get it together soon.

I have about 40 kg to lose... 15 is steroid weight. I'm with you, hartland.... let's start (again) and keep on top of this! :smile:
  • adphillips
    adphillips Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Been on MFP for years but new to this group. I have had MS for 11 almost 12 years. Definitely need to lose weight can always use motivation. Especially with workouts, I have lots of fatigue and find working out frustrating.
  • hartland45
    Options
    rachelroma wrote: »
    Hello ... I've been on MFP and a part of this group for a long time, but have wandered a bit. Now I'm trying to get back to a healthier version of myself. Not on any meds atm... Just as I get diagnosed my local neuro takes away the diagnosis -since 2011... ugh! Hoping they get it together soon.

I have about 40 kg to lose... 15 is steroid weight. I'm with you, hartland.... let's start (again) and keep on top of this! :smile:

I've just had a good week socially but a bad week diet ly! But I have logged on again today with good intentions. I must stick to it. Husband away for a week so I can eat exactly what I should with no excuses possible. Keeping constructively busy always helps, and I will spend some time using my index
  • hartland45
    Options
    Not sure what happened then, sent it before I'd finished! Also not sure what "index" meant. Clear mistake.

I'm still having a bad time but must try harder. But it is SO hard. I'm having a large dose of top-up steroids next week which I hope will buck me up without the usual weight addition and an even more steroid-moon face.

I wish I could get back that marvellous Can Do It feeling when I started mfp so many months ago. Best of luck to everyone in this group trying to lose weight and keep the MS under control at the same time.
  • whiterosebud
    whiterosebud Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hey lady, I have been away from MFP community sites too, but trying on my own. I have a grown son, and almost at retirement. I am currently on Aubagio after a bout with optic neuritis and IV steroids...ugh.
    I just joined a 28 day group at my sister's suggestion. Possibly you would like it too? Let me know if you want an invite. Short term goals are easier and get us back on track. Fatigue/pain is our constant companion but Neuro says I must stay active soooo....trying to keep moving past the disease in mind and body.
  • Bbwnomore2
    Bbwnomore2 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I am on and off mfp have had RRMS going on 25 years. Last I weighed I was down 17 lbs and that was 2/29. I feel its more now and I know inches are down.