What's your Goal and Plan?

Options
2»

Replies

• Fhoover
    Fhoover Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    EauRouge1 wrote: »
    Hello :) I don't know much about diabetes I'm afraid, but I have heard people following a low-carb diet have a lot of success in controlling their blood sugar. Replacing refined carbs with wholegrains would be a good start. Did your doctor give you any dietary advice?

Thanks for the input. I have been trying to cut down on my carbs. I am just so use to have a bagel thin in the morning and at lunch that's its hard but I am trying really hard..
  • EauRouge1
    EauRouge1 Posts: 265 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I find breakfast the hardest meal to cut carbs. Have you tried greek yoghurt? It is high protein and you can add all sorts to it to stop it being boring. I add banana and coconut but you could try other nuts and maybe a fruit with lower sugar (not sure how much sugar you can have).

Sometimes I have poached egg whites, veggie sausage and mushroom if I have time for a cooked breakfast.

But every now and then I have a break and have some toast. There's only so much egg white I can take!
  • Fhoover
    Fhoover Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    One of the biggest things I run into is that I'm allergic to eggs so I can't eat eggs. I'd love to be able to have a healthy egg white but I can't. I do like yogurt.. Maybe I'll try eating it for breakfast. Today I had some oranges.. I want to try to eat more healthy on the weekends. That is my downfall time. I do amazing Monday through Friday but Sat and Sun I am horrible :(
  • KFaye80
    KFaye80 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    My goal feels huge to me today. Tomorrow, maybe not. I want to lose 70 pounds with not specific time frame in mind. I'm dealing with a new doctor that tells me my food allergies are bogus, IBS-D with gastroparesis, and asthma. I feel like I have been sick for so long that I don't know what it is to have a good day. I don't know what weight loss will do to impact my health issues, but it certainly can't hurt.
  • EauRouge1
    EauRouge1 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Hello KFaye80 :) 70lbs is a big goal, but you're not in a rush. Hopefully you can find a diet or some other way to improve your health. Does your doctor tell you what you need to avoid?
  • KFaye80
    KFaye80 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    EauRouge1, I'm getting ready to do some extra testing so I will know more then. Until that time, I can eat everything except the four foods I have had a reaction too (peanuts, mushrooms, and shellfish). My IBS-D is controlled well with the new drug Viberzi so that isn't limiting me anymore. :)
  • Canetoad_Qld
    Canetoad_Qld Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have bought a new bicycle and a Vivoactive fitness tracker. Goal is at least 5km a day and weights 3 times a week. Trying to log all my meals and stay in my calorie goals.
  • rachelmovingslow
    Options
    Hello all! I struggle with anxiety and while being on medication gained about 40 pounds. Im not very tall so it was very obvious that I gained it. I have been working on getting at least 30 of it off but it seems like no matter what I do, its not coming off. Any tips for weight gain after medication?