Belly cream/lotion recommendation?

Options
_cassie623
_cassie623 Posts: 51 Member
Hi moms & new moms to be :smile:

Does anyone have a good belly cream or lotion they can recommend? With my last pregnancy, I used Palmer's Cocoa Butter and really liked it. This pregnancy however, my skin is a bit more sensitive to that particular kind. I get a rash when I use it, so I'm looking for something different. Any suggestions?

Thanks & have a good day!

Replies

• aSearch4Me
    aSearch4Me Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I have super sensitive skin & use Cetaphil cream (http://www.cetaphil.com/moisturizing-cream ). It's a bit more "chemical" than I would like, but it seems to be the only thing that's not rashing me out right now (bonus = it's unscented, I haven't been able to tolerate body product scents since becoming pregnant, and most of my stuff was "natural" based fragrances to start with). My primary care doctor had recommended this when I last saw her, because my usual shea butter product had started causing an itchy rash. I also can't use coconut-based lotions.

(of note, if you happen to be a Costco member, and in the US, Costco has the best prices on Cetaphil cream. And it's returnable if you don't like it).
  • EmmaDetermined
    EmmaDetermined Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I swear by oils - hazelnut and almond are good, and wheatgerm oil is a great option for someone with nut allergies. You can also use olive oil if you don't mind the smell. I add essential oils to mine (grapefruit, lavender and lemongrass are some of my favourites) and you can mix up different ones in smaller bottles to e.g. use the lavender one before bed and lemongrass in the morning to give you a little kick for the day. These have helped keep my skin supple enough to cope with 10 1.2 pound babies, and are also great during labour. You can buy almond oil in the supermarkets for the fraction of the price they sell them for in healthfood/aromatherapy shops. Oh, and if you mix a little sugar and oil together it makes a great body scrub.
  • _cassie623
    Options
    Thanks for your input girls! :smiley:
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    I've used nothing but Aveeno lotion and it is awesome! No parabens or anything to worry about either.
  • EmmaDetermined
    EmmaDetermined Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I love Aveeno too! When I was doing my dermatology rotation we had to try all the creams available - and by try I mean rub in, smell and taste (!) and Aveeno was one of my favourites for skin in general. It is quite expensive though and oils worked so well for me during my first three pregnancies despite having massive babies so I know for sure they work for me.
  • _cassie623
    Options
    We like Aveeno in my house too! My 3 year old has sensitive skin and gets eczema flare ups occasionally. The Aveeno eczema cream is a lifesaver for him. Definitely a brand I like :)
  • erus91
    erus91 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    With my last pregnancy I've applied bio oil from day 1 and had 1 teeny tiny stretch mark that came up silver and you can't even notice it, i swear by bio oil! I'm using it again with my second pregnancy. I'm 24 weeks pregnant no stretch marks so far
  • LisaTcan
    LisaTcan Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    It's my first pregnancy so I don't know if will work yet but I've been using bio oil and Aveno moisturizer
  • _cassie623
    Options
    Thank you ladies!