anyone still here?

Options
akern1987
akern1987 Posts: 288 Member
I have a lot to lose, and I've been in this group for a long time, but I never see any posts. If there are any people out there with more than 100lbs to lose, I could use friends :)

Replies

• Carnivorekat
    Carnivorekat Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I am just about to start again - have about 140lbs to lose in total - would be good to have some friends who are going through the same as me
  • akern1987
    Options
    Well I'm definitely in that boat, please feel free to send me a request! It's nice to see other people with similar goals, sometimes going through the forums I feel like no one is currently where I am!
  • Carnivorekat
    Carnivorekat Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I always find it tough going to begin with so to have someone else who knows what I am going through will be great - I have started so many times over the years am just hoping I can finally keep this going and get to my goal this time - I have a first goal to work towards I am looking to take my son abroad for the first time in either April or June (haven't decided when exactly yet) but don't want to be going at the size I am at the minute so definitely a small goal to work towards
  • akern1987
    Options
    that's a great goal! I have a wedding to attend in May, so right now that's my motivator (to look great in this dress that I already have that's gotten a bit tight) and hopefully it'll keep me going!
  • caguitare
    caguitare Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hey there
    I'm new to my fitnes pal and searching for an active group in here that chat back and forth... not much luck lol. If either of you are interested please send me a friend request and I would love to work along with you both. I have quite a lot of weight to lose and like you I have tried and gained it back maby times.
  • violet456
    violet456 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Hello

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1140-300

That is a slightly more active group that I am a part of too.
  • akern1987
    Options
    Hi Violet456 thanks for the group info, I joined! I definitely need support through this. I have friends who are trying to lose weight, but they have no where close to the amount that I do, and it's really great to be able to converse with people who really understand how hard it can be.
  • beccalamarche
    beccalamarche Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat! I'm lucky and unlucky because I carry my 270+ pounds well and most people would never guess I weigh that much. But I do and it's time for a change again! I lost about 50 pounds at one point and then I gained it all back plus another 10 pounds. I weigh more than twice as much as my boyfriend and I'm sick of feeling insecure and limited by my lack of fitness. So I'm committing again! In the very long run, I'd love to see 118 on the scale (I'm only 5'3") but realistically just being under 160lbs will be amazing. But in the shorter term, I'm just determined to get under 200. Please feel free to add me or send a message! It's definitely hard to do this stuff alone and so many people on here are just looking to lost a few pounds or tone up but we can all reach our big, long term goals if we support each other!