Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Vrtual 5k

Afura
Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
Did anyone else sign up for the Virtual 5k? I'm terribly excited.

Replies

• LisannevdL
    LisannevdL Posts: 13 Member
    Sure did! It's going to be my first 5k ever so I'm really looking forward to it. Right now I'm on my 6th week of the Zombies, Run 5k training so if everything goes according to plan I'll be able to run a full 5k by the time the Virtual 5k arrives.
  • charlotteX92X
    charlotteX92X Posts: 344 Member
    Yep I'm so excited for it. I did the last one too which was awesome!
  • Afura
    It's my first 5k too! I don't know if I'll run it, but I'm going at least walk it in one shot. :smile: I'm glad to hear it's as awesome as it seems. :grin:
  • AeiriMuse
    AeiriMuse Posts: 254 Member
    My first 5k as well! Starting the 5k training tomorrow so that I'll be ready for when the race begins!
  • Wicked_Seraph
    Wicked_Seraph Posts: 388 Member
    I haven't signed up yet but I'm strongly considering it; iirc it's from March 30-April 11, so ideally I should have finished Z5K by then. It sounds like fun!
  • Afura
    I haven't signed up yet but I'm strongly considering it; iirc it's from March 30-April 11, so ideally I should have finished Z5K by then. It sounds like fun!

I'd sign up for it just for the motivation to finish Z5K. Getting into the Rofflenet conversation with all those Runner 5's is amazing too! :grin:
  • Afura
    Mission Debriefing 2 is out, so excited. Also made a coworker sad when I told him all 5k spots for the 5k were gone.
  • Afura
    Also, slightly scared. Who are these scary people on my team!?
  • cricketpup
    cricketpup Posts: 28 Member
    Yes, I am a Runner 5! Did everyone get their packet?
  • charlotteX92X
    Those 2 training missions were pretty exciting, I know I jumped at the zom sounds in the 2nd mission but I always get more jumpy when running in the rain.

And no I haven't got my race packet yet. I'm in Australia and last year it didn't arrive until 4days after the race week started. Hoping this year it will get here sooner as that first weekend is my birthday and that would be an awesome birthday present.
  • Afura
    I got my training packet and I'm both bummed and excited. I can't wear the shirt (I ordered a size smaller in unrealistic hopes, and I look like a sausage) and I've got a Color Run with friends this Saturday so I don't want to play it. According to the Rofflenet, it is apparently packed with sound bites, so beware your love of music may suffer. I'm excited because I want to tear that envelope open and I can't wait!

Did you guys call/VOIP/etc the # that was in the mission email when the race was released?
  • charlotteX92X
    I did not call the numbers as I'm in Aus and couldn't be bothered figuring out a free way to do so. Sounds like a lot of people had similar trouble with the shirt, luckily mine fits although it is kind of short.

I've run the mission and it is awesome! The audio cuts in on your music at every km but you won't care because the mission is exciting.

Hope you enjoy it when you get round to playing it :)
  • Afura
    I did not call the numbers as I'm in Aus and couldn't be bothered figuring out a free way to do so.
    Someone on the Rofflenet posted a link to them calling the # for people who couldn't. :smiley:

• charlotteX92X
    Ah thanks :smiley: I will check that out
  • Afura
    I walked (with a bit of intermittent jogging) this weekend, and then repeated on Sunday to see if I could get a better time. What a great storyline, and the excitement of opening that envelope was great. :smile:
  • Afura
    Thanks to popular demand, we've extended the Spring 2016 Virtual Race period to:

19 April 2016 at 09:00 UTC

You have more time to either try again, or get your run in!