Working mom support

Options
anthrobio
anthrobio Posts: 3 Member
I'm a first time mother to a 6 month old baby girl. I went back to work at 4 months and am still having a hard time being away from my baby. Any suggestions from other moms on how to deal with the separation anxiety?

Replies

• K10D2015
    K10D2015 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    It is very hard being away from your child at first but it will get easier. In my opinion it's good for your baby to be around others and not just with mom/dad 24/7. As parents we worry about our children no matter what age they are but its just apart of being a parent. My daughter is three and I still don't like being away from her but as a mommy I know I sometimes need some me time too. Good luck to you and the little one!
  • megjay18
    megjay18 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    no real advice - it's always hard. the only thing i can suggest is just using the time you do have with her to be real quality time. i always think too that i'm doing what's best for my kids - i would be a terrible stay at home mom and i would lose my mind. so me working as much as i do keeps me sane and keeps our time together that much more special.
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    Can you call and check in on your lunch? Do you get a report about her day? I found/find the report comforting. It's really just time! Resolve to be present at work and enjoy your time getting to be you. I find it easier to know that my time at home I get to be mom and that time is precious. I cherish my work life though! Hope something spoke to you in this note.