Team: Withering A Weigh

Options

Replies

• AmandaIsherwood2
    AmandaIsherwood2 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Bought myself a pedometer, I'm made up that I did 14500 steps on my first day. I love going out walking, it's raining here so can't see me going on a nice walk today. Plan is to go on my cross trainer and do a few YouTube exercise videos.
  • smusicmom
    smusicmom Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Good morning team!

Jessica, thankx for the encouragement. Yay! I made it and clocked in 10,069 steps yesterday. That is great for where I am at this point. Hope you added a few more steps too.

LilDsMom, Good for you reaching step goal, add a few more today! And...woohoo for staying under calorie intake!

Amanda, You will love the pedometer. You become really aware of how much, or in my case little, you walk. I have a fit bit and love it so far!!
  • AmandaIsherwood2
    Options
    @smusicmom
    I'm thinking of investing in a fitbit, so I can get a more accurate account of calories ive burnt. Today I walked the gym then with my exercise in there I'm on 10450 steps already so will try to beat it tomorrow. xx

• jklepack
    jklepack Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Have any of you used a Misfit? I thought of getting a Fitbit but do not like things on my wrist. I currently use my phone to track my steps.
  • melanieleasure
    melanieleasure Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Melanie. I am a mother of 3 with ages 14,12, and 7. I do work outside of the home and to be honest it makes weight loss easier. The heaviest I have been is 254. I gave up soda and started logging everyday as a New Year's resolution and I have been able to keep with it. Most recent weight is 231. I do try to use the treadmill at home while watching a TV show. I weigh on Friday mornings. I hope to be lower by the April 1st start. Good luck to all and I look forward to sharing with you.
  • LilDsMom2
    LilDsMom2 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Melanie. I am a mother of 3 with ages 14,12, and 7. I do work outside of the home and to be honest it makes weight loss easier. The heaviest I have been is 254. I gave up soda and started logging everyday as a New Year's resolution and I have been able to keep with it. Most recent weight is 231. I do try to use the treadmill at home while watching a TV show. I weigh on Friday mornings. I hope to be lower by the April 1st start. Good luck to all and I look forward to sharing with you.

Hi Melanie, welcome! I have two small children myself so I exercise around their schedules. It has been too chilly to be outside with the kids most days here (Chitown burb) so I walk on my treadmill too. My favorite show to walk to is Fit to Fat to Fit. I will probably weigh in on Fridays as well because even though I am not going to allow myself cheat days during this challenge, I am more likely to cheat on the weekends. I stopped drinking soda and juice in January too. Now I am switching from vanilla almond milk and Greek yogurt to plain. I have always started with small changes to build upon for big results.
  • AmandaIsherwood2
    Options
    Just been for a walk to try get any extra weight loss before tomorrow's weigh in. Total 16813 steps done today on top of my gym session.
  • jklepack
    Options
    Just been for a walk to try get any extra weight loss before tomorrow's weigh in. Total 16813 steps done today on top of my gym session.

Wow way up go @amandalsherwood2
  • smusicmom
    smusicmom Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Weighed in this morn and after all my hard work .... only down 1lb. I was kind of bummed at first but I've come to the realization that there is obviously something wrong with my scales? hahaha. I WILL trudge on!

I got my step goal in yesterday with right over 10,000.... I'll take it!

Amanda, my gosh!! so many steps plus a workout in the gym1 Dang!

Melanie, Welcome to the team. You sound ready to take on the challenge.

For those of you who celebrate, Have a blessed Easter weekend! Oh and not too much candy! hehehe
  • AmandaIsherwood2
    Options
    1lb loss this week, according to my gym trainer I have been eating the wrong macros. Now I'm equipped with my correct percentages I will see how I get on, ideally I would like 2lb by next Friday.
  • LilDsMom2
    LilDsMom2 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Hello team! Don't forget the weigh ins due March 26 - April 1st are just our starting weights for this challenge. The weights we provided before were just used to create teams with similar total weights. I am down a couple of pounds this week but it won't count toward this challenge.
  • Serendipity0913
    Serendipity0913 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    ~~~JUST A REMINDER~~~

Your starting weights can be submitted any time between tomorrow, Saturday, March 26 through to Friday, April 1 depending on what day you weigh in.

In order to submit your weight please go to the thread located in Announcements for the applicable week and respond with:

Your Username:
    Your Team Name:
    Your Current Weight:

There is currently a very long list of individuals on a waiting list that would like to participate. I was surprised on how much interest there was! I could have easily added another 5 teams but I wanted to keep the numbers low, at least for this month. As a result I ask that everyone submit their weights on or before April 1. If not received by end of day April 1 I will assume you are no longer interested in the challenge and your seat will be filled by someone else.

Good luck everyone!! Let the game begin!!! :smile:
  • squeekersmom
    squeekersmom Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone! I really need the accountability starting today. Had a terrible ice storm the last 2 days and no power. I think I ate everything in my house :/. Back on track today! We can do this! Let's make it a great week!
  • squeekersmom
    squeekersmom Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Thanks Serindipity for doing this
  • jklepack
    Options
    @smusicmom don't get bummed by the scale. Start taking measurements, you will probably find that you are losing inches when you're not losing weight. A pound of muscle takes but less space that a pound of fat.

@amandalsherwood2 you're doing great keep up the good work.

@melanieleasure welcome to the group. I have 2 daughters that are 6 and 7 years old.

Good luck to all of you staying on track over the holiday weekend. I feel luck that I weigh in on Mondays.
  • KitchyWitchy
    KitchyWitchy Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Getting geared up to get this show on the road. I'm planning to do my starting weight tomorrow. I'm a little nervous because my weight loss has really stalled this past month so I hope it's better in April. I would feel horrible if I don't lose much or any. I want us to win!
    Anyone else feeling nervous?
  • AmandaIsherwood2
    Options
    Getting geared up to get this show on the road. I'm planning to do my starting weight tomorrow. I'm a little nervous because my weight loss has really stalled this past month so I hope it's better in April. I would feel horrible if I don't lose much or any. I want us to win!

Yes I'm really nervous. I've been big since my teens my heaviest being 217lb I'm currently at 189lb which is the lowest I've been in 20 years. It's hard losing weight but knowing others are relying on my loss is added pressure but also might be the kick I need. I want to win for myself and my team
  • Lshona
    Lshona Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday! I'm nervous. This is my third challenge. Its definitely added pressure when you're on a team. I'll weigh in tomorrow. Unfortunately Aunt Flo is visiting. I work nights so my weigh in days will vary, depending on my nights off.
  • SweeteeBri
    SweeteeBri Posts: 494 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Heyyyy Team Withering A Weigh!!!

Hope you all are ready!! Just visiting from team The Big Butt Theory. Good luck and happy losing!!
    Yes I'm really nervous. I've been big since my teens my heaviest being 217lb I'm currently at 189lb which is the lowest I've been in 20 years. It's hard losing weight but knowing others are relying on my loss is added pressure but also might be the kick I need. I want to win for myself and my team
    lshona wrote: »
    Happy Monday! I'm nervous. This is my third challenge. Its definitely added pressure when you're on a team. I'll weigh in tomorrow. Unfortunately Aunt Flo is visiting. I work nights so my weigh in days will vary, depending on my nights off.

Don't be nervous. I'm sure we'll ALL do great this challenge!!
  • Serendipity0913
    Serendipity0913 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

I have been pleasantly surprised and very shocked at the number of people that have expressed interest in our challenge. I really dislike turning people away, especially if they are trying to better themselves by reaching out for support in helping themselves achieve health goals.

At this moment I have over 100 people on our waiting list. As a result I have created 3 more teams! This won't place them all but at least it will help 45 of them.

Because we've grown so much I am looking for a Team Captain for each team. This person should be someone that is 100% committed to not only their own success but each and every team member on the team. This must be someone that logs in DAILY.

I'll be looking to the Team Captains to ensure everyone on your team has submitted their weekly weigh-ins on or before Friday of every week. If there is a team member that is falling off the wagon, I'll be looking to you to encourage them to continue both for their own benefit as well as the team's overall weekly standing. This may require a personal message to them of encouragement or maybe just a reminder that they haven't submitted yet.

If this sounds like something you'd like to do let me know ASAP. I'd like to have Team Captains selected prior to our April 1 start date.