Options
mandiegold941
mandiegold941 Posts: 67 Member
Well, I am at work now, and STILL shaking from that workout. I did scaled and got 20:03. Not thrilled, but ok. And I know I got a damn good workout. I'm just so slow at burpees. Always have been.

Replies

• Elegra2006
    Elegra2006 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    A hard one to pace, got 17.23 Rx. Not redoing as went as hard as I could.

Been eating all the foods all day since!
  • dinsfamily
    dinsfamily Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I did this one 2 years ago and it took me 39:21RX! That many 65# thrusters are killer for me.

After being nervous all night, I did it this morning and got 26:49RX. Super happy!! It didn't even feel as bad as I remember. I know I could cut more time off, but no way am I doing that again!

2016 Open is in the books! Til next year.
  • besee_2000
    besee_2000 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    First time in the open and got this in 16:37. This sucked at 6am. I might try again tomorrow a little later in the morning. We'll see. Thrusters felt very nasty.
  • shaypearl
    shaypearl Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    THAT WAS BRUTAL. I wanted to punk out when I saw it. Even my inner beast was like, 'Naw we're good, go back to bed'. My inner, inner beast has to convince me to do this one. I scaled it, and got a time of 20:31. I'm still on the couch.
  • KT83lt
    KT83lt Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    It was a tough one for sure. I did RX and finished in 15:22. Pretty happy about it but never want to do it again. My legs were shut down! Now on to some comps
  • marathon_44
    marathon_44 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    14:47 Rx. Knocked 2 minutes off my time from 2014, so I'm REALLY happy about that. I had to give my brain a pep talk ahead of time to not be afraid of the dark place, and when the suck started to imagine that it is a nice, snuggly blanket fort to hunker down in.
  • Upstate_Dunadan
    Upstate_Dunadan Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    18:19 Rx here. Thrusters have been my bane recently, but we had them in WODs twice in last 7 days (95 and 115 lbs) and that helped overcome my fear of them and work on my form. The Thrusters felt really good this time round. Burpees were a dark place where I just didn't think and kept doing 1 after another until they were done. That's where I could have made up a lot of time, but I'm super happy with this effort. Until next year now... I know what I need to work on.
  • Kanyon17
    Kanyon17 Posts: 156 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    18:51 Rx vs 21:46 Rx in 2014. Really happy about the improvement, burpees were a nightmare...
  • Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
    Options
    16.32 scaled for me - the worst one yet. Never again.
    The thrusters were OK - but them burpees ......
  • kota4bye
    kota4bye Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    18:56, first time I've done it, pleasantly surprised, I paced a little conservatively, think I'm going to revisit in a month or so.
  • Keladelphia
    Keladelphia Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    13:18 Rx. Rested a bit too long between sets of thrusters in rounds 18 and15 (6/6/6, 5/5/5) and I definitely should have went unbroken on round of 15 but for still nursing an injury i'll take it. Overall I actually didn't mind this one. Awesome job everyone!