Panic attack, than small binge

Options
Help. I feel like I have fallen so off track. I was eating, planning, tracking and losing some weight. Now for the last week every time I step on the scale it's a pound more. Just had a fight with my significant other which led me to a panic attack and then a small bout of impulsive eating that now I feel like crap about how do I Salvage this thanks in advance.

Replies

• mweckler
    mweckler Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    The scale is a horrible thing lol. We all fight the scale but it is just a number. Your weight will fluctuate up to 4 pounds in a week. So unless you weigh yourself every day at the same time then average out those weights to get the true estimate do not let one pound throw you off. Yes stress is a trigger for most of us from what I have see, you are not alone with that. I have been trying to figure out my stressors then find ways to diffuse the situation before it gets too bad. Some people here use mediation and yoga to relax. I play video games and use deep breathing to try to stay calm. There is no cure all for stress and right now I have not found a cure all for binge eating. But someone created a thread on here called wrote before you binge or something like that. You basically vent out what you are feeling and see if getting out can help to post pone or even stop the binge.
  • ab6046
    ab6046 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    mweckler wrote: »
    The scale is a horrible thing lol. We all fight the scale but it is just a number. Your weight will fluctuate up to 4 pounds in a week. So unless you weigh yourself every day at the same time then average out those weights to get the true estimate do not let one pound throw you off. Yes stress is a trigger for most of us from what I have see, you are not alone with that. I have been trying to figure out my stressors then find ways to diffuse the situation before it gets too bad. Some people here use mediation and yoga to relax. I play video games and use deep breathing to try to stay calm. There is no cure all for stress and right now I have not found a cure all for binge eating. But someone created a thread on here called wrote before you binge or something like that. You basically vent out what you are feeling and see if getting out can help to post pone or even stop the binge.

Up to four pounds in a week?!?!??!?!?!??!?!? I have gone up twenty pounds from morning to night before, after a particularly horrendous day! Granted, that's not "real" and mostly water, but still.

It is hard to get back on track, I agree with you. I think we are all struggling with that. If you think the scale might be dragging you down, maybe you should put it away for a while. I know oftentimes if I get a higher weight than I am expecting, I feel discouraged and it triggers me to binge. If it's the weight specifically that's bothering you, sometimes what I like to do is drink a lot of tea and water the next day. It pushes the water I've been retaining from the carbs/sodium/etc. from the binge, and my weight comes down relatively fast within a couple of days once I "pee it out."
  • daniellethesheep
    daniellethesheep Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Yeah I agree, I have gone up 12+ pounds throughout the course of the day (this is pretty typical for any binge days)
  • irishjeepgirl1969
    irishjeepgirl1969 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    The scale is full of chit. Mine has barely moved in three weeks. But I am able to wear jeans that I couldn't wear last month. The scale lies. Don't trust it. Seriously.

Anxiety is something I am struggling with a lot lately. I wish I had an answer for you.