Day 76: 03/26/2016

Options
GrandmaJackie
GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,206 Member
Yesterday, I didn't get a chance to post but hit my goals. I went grocery shopping and Easter shopping for my grand kids. My husband and I went out to lunch, I was able to make a smart choice for lunch, :smile: Today meeting my kids and grandkids for brunch than park time!

Today's goals
1. Morning gym workout
2. Stick to my menu
3. No late night snacking
4. Tonight start up my knitting project again

Replies

• Frigs
    Frigs Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    Yesterday Friday Nights are not my best but I did alright.

Today
    1. Up for HIIT
    2. Tennis - doubles
    3. Baking - Pies, Cakes, Cookies. I will have to take pause today and enjoy but not overindulge.
    4. Kids are home from college and lots of company planned
    5. Water, Good Choices
    6. I hope to squeeze some time in to try on my wedding dress which has been preserved for 25 years. Hoping it fits and is in good shape.
    7. Vigil at night.

Enjoy your weekend.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    @Frigs can I get into my wedding dress? LOL When I bought the dress I was one of those barely an A cup people. Now my cup overfloweth ;) With the weight lose I'm down to a C. Best of luck.

Today's a busy day at work
    lots of water
    take something to work for lunch no clue what as not much left in the house
    exercise
  • danelutza19
    danelutza19 Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!!!
    Yesterday was epic for me because I finally paid my respects to the sport that has inspired me more than any other. I'm a big fan of the Crossfit Games and I have watched all the levels of competition from the last 3 years. I don't do Crossfit but those ladies competing are the real world examples of everything I want to achieve. Yesterday I did my first Crossfit workout :) I was watching the Open workout 16.5 and I decided to skip my usual training and do that instead. It was very intense and so much fun. Just as I expected, my heart rate got up to the extreme level and then it stayed consistent for the whole workout. I was dripping sweat but breathing well and in true Crossfit spirit I knew I wasn't going to stop until I complete the whole thing. It took me 24:30 minutes. I did have to scale the weight a bit since I never did thrusters or burpees before or work in such high rep schemes. My plan is to redo this workout in a few months and see how much better I get.
    Today is active rest day so all I'm focusing on is covering the basics and getting back to my usual food intake.
    Let's make this Saturday fabulous!!!!
  • GrandmaJackie
    Options
    Good morning everyone!!!
    Yesterday was epic for me because I finally paid my respects to the sport that has inspired me more than any other. I'm a big fan of the Crossfit Games and I have watched all the levels of competition from the last 3 years. I don't do Crossfit but those ladies competing are the real world examples of everything I want to achieve. Yesterday I did my first Crossfit workout :) I was watching the Open workout 16.5 and I decided to skip my usual training and do that instead. It was very intense and so much fun. Just as I expected, my heart rate got up to the extreme level and then it stayed consistent for the whole workout. I was dripping sweat but breathing well and in true Crossfit spirit I knew I wasn't going to stop until I complete the whole thing. It took me 24:30 minutes. I did have to scale the weight a bit since I never did thrusters or burpees before or work in such high rep schemes. My plan is to redo this workout in a few months and see how much better I get.
    Today is active rest day so all I'm focusing on is covering the basics and getting back to my usual food intake.
    Let's make this Saturday fabulous!!!!

Wow, outstanding job taking that extra step!!!!!! You deserve to feel proud of yourself, :)
  • CourtLloyd
    CourtLloyd Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    @danelutza19, that is awesome!! I too would love to do that for the challenge..man, wish we were neighbors!!! That's so awesome that you tried it and I'm sure you rocked it!!

Today, ran my 11 miles that I wanted to achieve for training...half marathon in two weeks!! Have done well all week being home on Spring Break with the kiddo and hope to continue over the weekend!

Today,
    Stay on point, drink water, and relax for the rest of the day! Happy Saturday!
  • helensingssongs
    helensingssongs Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Back on it today. The plan for tomorrow is
    Back on the water
    Walk over the headland if it's raining
    Stay under calories
    Cook a chilli and fix the curtains
  • danelutza19
    Options
    CourtLloyd wrote: »
    @danelutza19, that is awesome!! I too would love to do that for the challenge..man, wish we were neighbors!!! That's so awesome that you tried it and I'm sure you rocked it!!

Today, ran my 11 miles that I wanted to achieve for training...half marathon in two weeks!! Have done well all week being home on Spring Break with the kiddo and hope to continue over the weekend!

Today,

Talk about being fantastic!!!! 11 miles is incredible in my book!
    As far as the challenge, feel free to join in my Crossfit madness :) the workout I did is posted online. I adjusted mine to use only 45lb on the thruster ( basically just the bar) and I only stepped over the barbell to do my burpees because I have downstairs neighbors :)
    Here is the link:
    http://youtu.be/JLdfEkTJ2Nw
  • danelutza19
    Options
    @GrandmaJackie, thank you so much for your encouragement!!!
  • GrandmaJackie
    Options
    CourtLloyd wrote: »

Today,

Half marathons are amazing you WILL rock!!!!!

• Frigs
    Frigs Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    Just and update cause I was busy yesterday and didn't see all of this good news!!

@danelutza19 : awesome on the cross-fit. That's intense and sounds fun!
    @CourtLloyd - good luck on the 1/2 training.
    @2020pinktogo - you are doing great!!! Wow..the first place to loose for me is my ladies..so I am back to B...But the dress...ugh..Almost so close. Just a little on the waist....But it is just what I needed to tell me I am on the right path because nobody called me too skinny back then !

Can you believe the naysayers that proceed to continue to tell me..stop losing weight, you are too thin, and oh I love the last one...You need to carry more as you get older and then to tell me that I should carry as much extra as them in the event of serious illness cause they are gonna survive longer when they are clearly a size 3X and just finished a double knee replacement at age 55 ? And she tells me that during Church? Jeez. I have never criticized anyone's weight as it is a very personal topic and everyone is in a different place.

So I carry on in an effort to increase muscle mass and stay healthy. Skinny is not what I am after and skinny is not what I am today. I just need to continue my journey, eat healthy and exercise.

Hope you all continue to go for goals no matter what roadblocks people try to set up in your path.