Happy Easter Happy Spring March 27th - April 2nd

Options
NewOR2015
NewOR2015 Posts: 1,018 Member
edited March 2016 in Social Groups
We're getting closer to our goal months in Summer 2016! How are YOU feeling about it?

Replies

• NewOR2015
    Options
    I feel pretty good about the past year, but I am not too happy about the present. I keep spending time re-losing my recent gains. I brought chocolate (candies and cookies) into the house. Why did I do that? They are staring at me right now.
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    This past month has been horrible. I am really hoping I can back into a routine with regard to training as I am much better at eating when that is going right!
  • JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    Got the scale going in the right direction again. I'm really excited for the month of April.
    My goals for this week are:
    1. Log daily
    2. Sleep 7+ hours each night
    3. Walk 10 miles this week
  • Living360
    Living360 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies, I have been reading the posts without a moment to chime in. March was a crazy month. I wasn't active enough nor did I weigh, measure or log my food. Today I was up less than a couple of pounds so I feel very fortunate. My dad went back to Arkansas after nearly a month, my older son is back at college and both my husband and younger son are starting new jobs this week so my plan is to get back to my daily routine of exercise and healthy eating. Shopped and prepped today so I am ready to do well this week. I really want to make some progress before summer and more importantly before July 29 when we have a family wedding to attend. Hope everyone had a nice weekend!

I am going to follow JM's goals this week . . .
  • Dory_42
    Options
    My goals for the week are:

Log daily (everything I eat must be logged - I have been horribly bad at this)
    Add as much activity to my day as possible
    Get in a minimum of three light intensity training sessions (one of those is with my bio)
    Make healthy food choices! Aim for lower carb and avoid sugar.
  • Dory_42
    Options
    Oh, and get in at least 50 reps of an exercises per day (I have a list of 6 that I want to do!)
  • NewOR2015
    Options
    I have to work on my taxes today, that's what I've gotta do. I've been putting it off too long.
  • JMarcella57
    Options
    My “Slim by Summer” Goal B)

3/21: 160.8 (Beginning Weight)
    3/27: 158.5 (Current Weight)
    6/20: 143 (Goal Weight - 1st day of summer)

Lost 2.3 lbs last week. Have 15.5 lbs to go by June 20th.

• JMarcella57
    Options
    Sounds like we're all kicking it into gear as we move into April!
  • NewOR2015
    Options
    @CaptainBoing I, too, definitely need to get a routine going again, but things keep coming up. I need to make myself a priority.

@Living360 Prepping always helps. You should see significant progress now that you can refocus on your routine.

@JMarcella57 Congrats on getting back on track and getting a nice weight loss. Keep it up, and you'll be at goal in no time at all.

Here's to all of us! Yay!!!
  • Living360
    Options
    Uugghh, a nice sharing person brought in a giant bag of candy to share. I purposely stayed away from candy and desserts this holiday buying my sons only one chocolate bunny each. They are grown but I still make a basket of sorts. My sister also gave them one bunny each which was ok because there were no loose pieces laying about. The good news is that I resisted and there are so few pieces left they'll surely be gone by the end of the day. There are obstacles every day. Staying strong and wishing the same for you.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    I keep leaving notes on the fridge about the taxes for my husband I'm not allowed to touch them. ;)

Tomorrow is go out shopping with my sister and mom I'm hoping for a great day but expecting the worst. She's really pushy She already has things lined up for me to do at the house before we can go. Oh well I'm trying to decide on my outfit. If it were just my mom I would go out in sweats or yoga pants but as it's my sister I'm thinking I better dress nicer. I guess I'll have to wear work pants as that's all I have left that fits. I'll let you all know how it goes.
  • Dory_42
    Options
    I'm going to try my first fitness class since my concussion. I will go slow and keep my HR in the low zones. My friend is the trainer so that makes it easier as she will be strict with me to keep it slow!

Sorry that I don't comment on everyone else's posts. Screen time is limited thanks to concussion so I read but don't comment much...
  • NewOR2015
    Options
    Today I will be monitoring as students take their "big" writing test. I am sure to get a lot of steps in today as I walk around the classroom constantly.

@CaptainBoing I enjoy reading others' posts whether I comment or not. Actually, I read lots of threads daily without commenting. I don't mind being called a "lurker". I consider it a form of participation, and lots of times I come upon something that motivates me. I need that. :)
  • Living360
    Options
    @CaptainBoing there are many ways of participating and writing about your interesting life counts many times over. Some of us write, some of us read and some have time for both. By the way, I love your current screen shot! I try to write something so the group hangs in there, I would miss all of you.
  • Dory_42
    Options
    Thanks for the support!

I made it through fitness class without any head issues even though it was the slowest I have ever moved! It really is weird to go so slow when I am used to pushing my hardest, but at least I'm able to do some form of training and I can focus on making sure my technique is right while I have to go slow. Tomorrow I want to try bjj technique...
  • JMarcella57
    Options
    Thanks for the support!

I made it through fitness class without any head issues even though it was the slowest I have ever moved! It really is weird to go so slow when I am used to pushing my hardest, but at least I'm able to do some form of training and I can focus on making sure my technique is right while I have to go slow. Tomorrow I want to try bjj technique...
    Glad you were able to get through your fitness class even if it was slower!
  • NewOR2015
    Options
    I've been pretty busy lately, but at the same time I've been munching on stuff at work without even thinking about it. Not a good thing to do. Every morning I tell myself that I'm going to get serious and get into a good routine. Somehow I get off track. I hope everyone is doing better than I am this week. I'll try harder tomorrow. :)
  • JMarcella57
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I've been doggy paddling my way through the week. Not gaining; not losing. BUT, have my son's business stuff ready for the tax accountant and I'm planning to kick it into high gear now for the rest of the healthy lifestyle week. I want to end the week with a good loss!
  • Living360
    Options
    @NewOR2015 I was on the same track you've been on so I went back to bringing bringing my food to work this week and luckily there have been no extra goodies around. Now that I am on track during the day I have been making up for it when I get home by snacking before dinner, not measuring my dinner portions and going back for seconds when I know I shouldn't. This can go on no longer so I am back to it today with a strong commitment for April. I checked in my slightly higher weight and off I go.