Team 7 - We rock!

Options

Replies

• visionmet
    visionmet Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I have been super busy this week! Not as much exercise as I would have liked and I'm sorry I waited until today to log all my exercise totals in. I can't log it on my phone and so I am almost never on an actual computer. I hope everyone had an awesome Easter!
  • countrcowgirl
    countrcowgirl Posts: 249 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Big week this week folks... 6642 miles that is almost double last week and we barely made.. thankfully spring has come to the Great White North where I live so in addition to my morning gym workout I can get a nice walk in each evening with my dogs... so my minutes will be up. But we only had 11 participate last week so if we have the same eleven this week that makes 604 minutes each! woosers!

Otherwise belly dancing should be fun... and stairs I do around 20 - 25 flights a day so I know I will get the stair one day.. and we got to log each day to get the accountability points!

Have a great week everyone!
  • tfisher678
    tfisher678 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Wow! Can't believe the miles logged! That's great!
    Not sure what the scale will look like for me...Easter was good...too good. I made an almost sugar free carrot cake, used a little coconut sugar..I think even whole wheat makes me gain...that and the dang bunny with his tempting treats..Trying to make up for it by exercising more.

I did my 4 week fitness challenge a day early, I increased my push-ups by 7. The arm challenge is working!

Looking forward to this week's new challenges... I live in a split level and I'm constantly running up and down stairs:)

Hope everyone has a good week!

• smiphette
    smiphette Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Yikes. 604 is a 40% increase from what I did last week. I will aim to do more than last week, but I am not sure I can do that much.
  • bigroastdinner
    bigroastdinner Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I second that yikes! Last week was particularly slow with the bank holiday weekend but really not sure 604 is achievable. I will try to improve on last week however and see how it goes.
  • rudexvirus
    rudexvirus Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I am hoping to do a lot of work/working out this week to make up for me not really bieng on the ball last week. The good news is I just finished the Belly Dancing videos, and am at least 30 minutes in for today.
  • countrcowgirl
    Options
    We have maicap22 back so that makes 12 of us... yay... so that divvies up to 554 each now! More doable I hope!
  • visionmet
    Options
    I didn't lose anything this week...bleh...but I am dealing with TOM so I'm hoping that's why. I will definitely be making sure to up my workouts this week!
  • smiphette
    Options
    I like the stairs challenge. I work on 7th floor and walk up and down 2-3 times a day. Plus my boss is on the 4th floor, so I am up and down to see him a couple of times a day too. Now I just have to remember to keep track of flights and track it at exercise minutes--I normally don't track activities except workouts and dog walks.
  • rudexvirus
    rudexvirus Posts: 52 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    So far it looks like we came up a bit short this week. It's really tough with losing members and these big challenges.
  • tfisher678
    Options
    It was a much harder goal this week...it kind of motivated me a little more, only because I'm optimistic that we can make it to the end. I really want to see our team not be eliminated!

I found this calculator online to figure body fat percentage...requires a lot more measurements than others I've seen...says it is within 1-3% of the water displacement method...or the only true method of accounting for body fat...

In case anyone is interested

www.healthstatus.com/perl/calculator.cgi

I'm borderline unhealthy zone...carry all my weight in my middle.. Maybe knowing this will encourage perseverance for me.
  • countrcowgirl
    Options
    Thanks for sharing @tfisher678 ! Will have to check it out. If you have not already done so please get your totals in for last week!
  • smiphette
    Options
    We did great last week, only ~100 minutes short of what we did the first week with fewer participants. That is a big accomplishment, even if the the stretch goal was too much. Kudos to everyone who pushed it!
  • countrcowgirl
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Phew easier week this week... just 1898 work out minutes as a time. They are making changes to teams the end of this week so hopefully we have some new members!

And ditto @smiphette thanks everyone for your excellent effort last week... there were some big totals by quite a few of you! Every effort by everyone helps get us there! Keep pushing!

Hope you are all reaching your fitness goals!
  • bigroastdinner
    bigroastdinner Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Wow, everyone did so great last week! I thought we wouldn't even be close but 89% is pretty awesome!

I managed to almost double my minutes this week compared to last week so I'm pretty chuffed with that! Have to try not to overdo it though and burn out as otherwise my Zumba classes will be sooo much more difficult and then it's much harder to motivate people to move!

Birthday tomorrow so will try not to overdo it on the food but I make no promises! Just see how it goes :)
  • visionmet
    Options
    Wow, everyone did so great last week! I thought we wouldn't even be close but 89% is pretty awesome!

I managed to almost double my minutes this week compared to last week so I'm pretty chuffed with that! Have to try not to overdo it though and burn out as otherwise my Zumba classes will be sooo much more difficult and then it's much harder to motivate people to move!

Birthday tomorrow so will try not to overdo it on the food but I make no promises! Just see how it goes :)

Happy Early Birthday!!!
  • countrcowgirl
    Options
    Keep putting those minutes in everyone! We have beat our 1898 for the week, but every 10% over gives us extra points! :)
  • countrcowgirl
    Options
    We are being combined with Team 9 to start the next week so please welcome our new team members!
  • tfisher678
    Options
    Being blended with team 9?...that's exciting news! I'm sure you'll still be leading and or helping...just want to say thanks countrcowgirl for keeping track of all the different points and motivating us!! This challenge has been great fun!
  • countrcowgirl
    Options
    Your welcome @tfisher678