TEAM 3! Ready To Rock!!

Options

Replies

• determined24girl
    determined24girl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Well I've completed the egg exercise twice, posted my egg "recipe", trying to get my omega-3's in, and I've been walking like a crazy person lol. i did miss the water challenge though. I usually drink nothing but water, but I went on a weird tea binge Monday (before i knew about the challenge) and didn't drink enough water.

Do we still have enough people participating to have a full group?
  • Nicci93
    Nicci93 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Sorry I've been a bit MIA. My puppy has had diarrhea for the past few days, and we are finally taking her to the vet this morning. I didn't get in a work out (besides a walk) Wednesday or Thursday due to a snowstorm and being home to care for the pup.

I'm hoping to get in a good run tonight though to make up some calories... Hope everyone has a nice weekend!
  • Pmm5pla
    Pmm5pla Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Weather for Sunday is looking pretty crap, so our group got out today for 3h. Lots of hills, plenty wind and a decent 80k workout. Bonus points : finished the garden with 2 easy hours tidying up. Happy Easter everyone.
  • Headrain
    Headrain Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Well I've completed the egg exercise twice, posted my egg "recipe", trying to get my omega-3's in, and I've been walking like a crazy person lol. i did miss the water challenge though. I usually drink nothing but water, but I went on a weird tea binge Monday (before i knew about the challenge) and didn't drink enough water.

Do we still have enough people participating to have a full group?

Mel said she is computing the sheets based on a total of 10 people in each team, so as long as we have 10 actives then we are good.
  • Headrain
    Options
    Sorry team, awful week for me. Not much exercise and I think I gained weight. Starting tomorrow with a better mindset and an easier week at work will help too.
  • MrTubbs
    MrTubbs Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Okay, I've uploaded my info. School consumed me this week (as you may have noticed by my disappearing act). I'll make sure I get my final 91 minutes in to reach the 10% minimum. But, as for the bonuses I really dropped the ball. I did post the egg recipe. However, I don't really cook, so it is pretty humorous what I posted when you compare it to the awesome ones up there.
  • JagZag
    JagZag Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Headrain wrote: »
    Sorry team, awful week for me. Not much exercise and I think I gained weight. Starting tomorrow with a better mindset and an easier week at work will help too.
    Tomorrow is another day and another chance. Go after it!
  • Pmm5pla
    Options
    I wonder where we're off to this week?
  • MrTubbs
    Options
    Food Analysis:

Favorite Foods:
    Cereal (light brown, crunchy, easy) - portion control
    Granola bars (grown, crunchy/chewy, easy) - by healthy bars (less sweet = less cravings)
    Soups (all colors, easy) - minimize sodium
    Breakfast Sandwich (light brown, chewy, easy) - don't add sauce, add veggies instead
    Yogurt (white, soft, easy) - add berries for fiber
    Chicken (white/brown, chewy) - prepare ahead. It is one of my only non easy access foods
    Asian Pears (white, crunchy, easy) - try to have more on hand so I pick it over other easy foods
    Coffee (black, easy) - stay black, no cream/sugar
    Water (clear, easy) - drink before eating meal. Try to remember to drink water at work and not be distracted.

So, from my analysis I really have an affinity to easy made foods that are whitish/brown.
    I should probably pre-make meals that are healthy, and then accessible for when I want to eat. And try to add a little color.

• Nicci93
    Nicci93 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Nice analysis, MrTubbs!

I am pretty excited that flights of stairs are one of the challenges this week... I live on the third floor of an apartment, and have a 10 week old puppy who needs a bathroom break pretty often. Shouldn't be a problem haha!
  • Pmm5pla
    Options
    MrTubbs wrote: »
    Food Analysis:

Favorite Foods:
    Granola bars (grown, crunchy/chewy, easy) - by healthy bars (less sweet = less cravings)
    Breakfast Sandwich (light brown, chewy, easy) - don't add sauce, add veggies instead
    Chicken (white/brown, chewy) - prepare ahead. It is one of my only non easy access foods
    Asian Pears (white, crunchy, easy) - try to have more on hand so I pick it over other easy foods
    Water (clear, easy) - drink before eating meal. Try to remember to drink water at work and not be distracted.

So, from my analysis I really have an affinity to easy made foods that are whitish/brown.
    I should probably pre-make meals that are healthy, and then accessible for when I want to eat. And try to add a little color.

You are my kind of eater, Steve. Good healthy fare, yet too high in carbs. Extra protein would very good for me.
  • Pmm5pla
    edited March 2016
    Options
    lynnjano wrote: »
    So Welcome to America! Great job with miles Etc last week everybody. I'm still going with the squat challenge, getting tougher, anyone else hangin in there? Did the inner thighs today, will log when can. Not sure how to update sheets Pmm5pla, and don't want to mess anything up. Do the columns total on their own? I added minutes Etc from over the weekend, just catching up, so the totals may be off? My fav egg recipe is my own version of Eggs Benedict. Fresh spinach, sliced tomatoe, dropped egg, Avacado, with a sauce do home made mayo and Dijon mustard slightly heated over the top....yum! No bread needed. Good luck.

We'll done, Lynn. I'm doing a 25 mins core 3 times a week, and part of it is squat. I HATE it! However, I know how good it is, and I'm going to stick with (hating) it.
    Re: spreadsheet... The rows do total correctly provided that the entry is a NUMBER. Have a look and you'll see I converted your daily data to a number. Hope that's OK with you.
    Log as you prefer, and at end of week convert to a number based on challenge criteria.
  • MrTubbs
    Options
    Pmm5pla wrote: »
    MrTubbs wrote: »
    Food Analysis:

Favorite Foods:

You are my kind of eater, Steve. Good healthy fare, yet too high in carbs. Extra protein would very good for me.

I probably crave protein more than carbs, but the root of my meals is always centered around ease due to lack of time. Plus, bbq season is upon us. The weather is looking beautiful here.

Actually, my first poppy just bloomed in the backyard. It is a weird area in the middle of my lawn that has a couple poppies. I just don't have the heart to mow them over.
  • MrTubbs
    Options
    2/5 belly dancing videos done. I feel uncoordinated and I can feel it in my obliques. However, I've mastered the turns. Maybe I'll open the blinds now that I'm on a role and let the neighbourhood enjoy my new found skill.
  • JagZag
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Well, this is tax week for me. I have been tied to the computer trying to get all the numbers for my tax lady. My apt with her is Wednesday, so I won't be doing much until I turn over everything to her. I will try to make up all my numbers from Wednesday afternoon and on. Gee, I wish I wasn't such a procrastinator, but I think I'll be okay with all the challenges even getting a late start.

Lynn, I feel your pain. My weight has just stagnated. No matter if I work out hard or not at all, I stay the same. I guess I'm going to have to try something drastic next! Don't know what quite yet but as soon as my schedule gets back to normal I'm going to do SOMETHING!
  • Pmm5pla
    Options
    Headrain wrote: »
    Pat you did such an awesome job editing the spreadsheet last time I would be thrilled if you can again, even if it's not until Tuesday!

Dale, okay, I get it now. I guess I can't imagine not eating at least 1200 calories on a non-vomiting or fasting day, lol!!

On a side note I had a friend, male, who is 5'1" strictly dieting who weighs about 140. He was cutting his cals to 1000 a day. As I nurse I told him his body cannot remain healthy for long at that limit - and sure enough he ended up in the hospital with malnutrition. Even though I can't even begin to believe I would ever not eat enough, I guess that's something to watch out for, potentially, in the future.

Week 4 ready on spreadsheet now. Just go do it, friends!
  • lynnjano
    lynnjano Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Sorry variety pack, I definitely have an advantage this week. My husband is Lebanese and has played the Arabic drum in a band for 50 years, so as you can imagine I've done a lot of belly dancing in my lifetime! All five videos completed, felt good to shimmy, it's been awhile, trick is to just let it all go and not worry about which direction anything is going in. It also helps if no one is watching you. I also cook/eat Arabic food on a daily basis so I'm good there. Live in a ranch and level at work, have a complex with outdoor stairs near my house, I'll try to get there and pretend I'm Rocky. I keep losing and gaining the same two pounds? Any ideas? Getting frustrated and starting to eat junk, especially Easter Weekend. Trying to get back on track. Hope everyone has a happy healthy week!
  • JagZag
    edited March 2016
    Options
    2/5 belly dancing videos done. I feel uncoordinated and I can feel it in my obliques. However, I've mastered the turns. Maybe I'll open the blinds now that I'm on a role and let the neighbourhood enjoy my new found skill.

Steve, this makes me wish I was one of your neighbors, hehe :) Nothing exciting ever happens in my neighborhood.
  • Headrain
    Options
    Thank you So Very Much for the spreadsheet Pat, you are so full of awesomeness!!!!
    It is 1000x easier using your version. Hopefully we won't lose anyone else and we will kick butt in the challenge now! I will have some improvements in my times this week I hope.
  • Headrain
    Options
    I have a fear that you all think I'm a Terrible Leader and have abandoned me...
    Where did everyone go?