Day 82: 4/1/16

Options
Frigs
Frigs Posts: 745 Member
Yesterday got the walk in and down 10 lbs! April Fools. I wish.

Today: more of the same
1. water 3/4 gallon
2. walk 4 miles
3. nutrition
4. watch the carbs

Tomorrow is final challenge day weigh in for 8 week challenge at the gym. I am gonna rock this!
Looking to reduce body fat to normal range. I was a little high when started.

Enjoy your FRIDAY TGIF!!!!

Replies

• danelutza19
    danelutza19 Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!!!!
    Nice one @Frigs :) good luck on your gym challenge!!!
    Yesterday was a great day, I was recovered enough from my previous training session so I gave it my best.
    I was pleasantly surprised I actually did that and it got me thinking about what gave me the extra energy boost.... I realized that after my previous workout I had some protein powder treats.
    I like treats with benefits, eating something good that also does something good... About 2 weeks ago, I got some protein powder. I was reluctant to use it because I feel like real food should always be the way to hit macros. I wasn't exactly pleased with my progress last year when I was using protein powder. On the other hand, the proof was staring at me in the face.
    I had a hard time falling asleep last night and my heart rate was a bit elevated.These are the usual side effects I experience from supplementing with protein powder.
    I now have a very interesting debate going on in my head: is it beneficial to continue using a product that helps me recover faster after workouts while being detrimental to my sleep?! Instead of making a decision I will do a test: for the next week I will use the PP but reduce the amount to just one serving and I will have it earlier in the day. If my body doesn't adjust to that intake, I will once more say my goodbyes to the supplement industry and rely solely on my own recovery potential.
    Back to daily living... Today I want to cover all my basics and have a fun hike with my daughter because it's a nice and sunny day :)
    Let's have a fabulous Friday!!!
  • helensingssongs
    helensingssongs Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Hope you have a lovely walk danelutza19. I was out walking the sunrise this morning and ran in to a friend not seen in years. Set the mood just right. All day I have been drinking water and resisting temptations and hunger pangs. If I can hold out though the snack fest that is game night there will be a dance of triumph before sleep.
    Have a great day!
  • Frigs
    Frigs Posts: 745 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    @danelutza19 I use Davinci Whey Protein once in a while. Maybe 3-4 times per week single serving. Mine definitely has Tyrosine. Some people are more sensitive to it especially when lying down so some people take it earlier which kinda defeats the purpose of recovery drink if you work out later. Here is what I found on the web. Hope you find this information helpful. It is from the web so for every piece of information there is another refuting it but here is a quote from someone who concurs on the palpitations of whey protein powder and what ingredient may be the culprit. Once again. It's from the web:

"Most whey proteins contain Tyrosine (abbreviated as Tyr or Y)[1] or 4-hydroxyphenylalanine, is one of the 20 amino acids that are used by cells to synthesize proteins. Its codons are UAC and UAU. It is a non-essential amino acid with a polar side group. The word "tyrosine" is from the Greek tyri, meaning cheese, as it was first discovered in 1846 by German chemist Justus von Liebig in the protein casein from cheese.[2][3]

And yes it is in our daily diet but for some too large of an amount on a daily basis can cause these palpitations that some experience."
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,163 Member
    Options
    Yesterday, was a crazy day, spend most of it at the dealership getting my car fixed. Last night though, I was able to get a workout, my stress release, yay!

Maybe, I asked this before but is this challenge going to continue, :):)

Today's goals,
    Gym morning - done
    Errands - done
    Prelog my food for tomorrow (having dinner with my son) - done
    No late night snack
    Evening workout!
  • danelutza19
    danelutza19 Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    @Frigs thank you so much for taking the time to look that up for me!!! Last year I was searching for possible explanations to my reaction to protein but didn't find such clear explanation. It really helps to know I'm not the only one experiencing this :)
    I got a protein powder that's supposed to be 100% whey ... These days you really never know for sure. Looks like they do recommend a lower dosage and early in the day; I might have to temper with my workout timing :)
    Thank you so much!!