How did you start the day today?

Options
betrue95
betrue95 Posts: 23 Member
I was thinking this morning that often it's how we start the day that often sets us up for the rest of the day. I've seen a few posts on starting the day out with something sugary, and it's all downhill from there, or craving sugar or sweets during the day, and then not being able to stop eating.

What do you do in the morning to try to set yourself up for a good day? Any ideas would be helpful.

I'll start.

I recently started on Veneflaxine, and it's helped with anxiety, depression and panic attacks, but it's made me want to eat and eat and eat.....as well as constipation (sadly).

I was always an oatmeal eater for breakfast but I stopped that about a year ago. So, this past week I bought steel cut oats and flax seed, cooked up enough for the week, and each morning I have heated it up and ate it first thing (like right now). I add a little bit of brown sugar (less than a tsp for flavour and a pinch of salt). What a difference this is making. It fills you up and lots of fibre, and it's not loaded in sugar. I also have started having a 1/4 orange and 1/4 grapefruit for the sweetness I crave. Seems to be helping me so far.

I'd like to hear what you all are doing. :)

Replies

• msty112
    msty112 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Normally I start out the day with 3-4 scrambled eggs, which always keeps me full until lunchtime. But today I'm having a bowl of plain Greek yogurt with some berries and walnuts mixed in. Sugar is always a binge starter for me so I'm trying to avoid it completely at the moment. Hope you have a great day!
  • mweckler
    mweckler Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Woke up late got ready for work, baked a graham cracker pie crust and am about to make a lemon cream for a woman who I work with, because it is her birthday party today. Then need to place food orders for 10 schools, and make sure I change the delivery date of next day items because we are on spring break next week. WOO HOO, then vacation to Disney last minute frantic packing, and making sure we have everything is how I am spending tomorrow when I wake up.
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    My day started out as they all do, with me cursing the alarm clock and hitting snooze a billion times. I swear, getting up in the morning is the hardest thing I do all day.

But I got to work, and logged my usual Icelandic yogurt and Luna bar, and at lunch time I will head down to the gym.
  • ab6046
    ab6046 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Doughnuts and muffins, and yes...it's all downhill from here. I rarely start the day off this badly.
  • chelseascounter
    chelseascounter Posts: 1,283 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    My breakfasts are different everyday, but my breakfast calorie limit is 600. If I go over 800 before lunch, I feel restricted the rest of the day, and it leads to binging.

My breakfast today was a bowl of lemon rice, 500 cals.
  • betrue95
    Options
    respectthekitty - I'm the same. Sometimes i hit the alarm for half an hour or more. Glad you are able to hit the gym at lunch. :p:p
  • betrue95
    Options
    mweckler - would love to be heading to Disney!! Hope you have an awesome time once you are all packed and ready to go!
  • RunawayCurves
    RunawayCurves Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    scrambled eggs with spinach, ground flaxseed and coconut oil. kills my appetite.
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    I slept a bit late, but did my 20 mins of stairclimber anyhow, and made it to work 'ontime.' Grapefruit after awhile, then oatmeal with tons of fruit, and my go to Wendy's salad for lunch, because I'm too lazy to get all the ingredients and chop 'em up to make my own salad.
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    I actually woke up a little earlier than usual today, which only meant that there was more traffic on the road when I drove to work. I can't win.
  • ab6046
    ab6046 Posts: 371 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I've been making it a point for the past week or so to treat myself at breakfast to something I would usually deny myself until dinner. It gives me something to look forward to right away, and allowing myself this "splurge" is kind of nice. This involves larger, more balanced breakfast than I'm used to or mentally very comfortable with. However it's going really well so far. My goal is to start doing this with lunch as well, so that soon I'm eating three bigger more balanced meals to see how this affects satiety and whatnot.