Fitbit app vs myfitnesspal app

Options
ejgrimsley
ejgrimsley Posts: 1 Member
i would really hate to break my streak on this app, but ive been looking at the fitbit app and it seems like it could be even better for logging food and keeping track of the types of food im eating. anyone have any input on this?

Replies

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I found MFPs food data base so much easier to use with many more food choices
  • kuranda10
    kuranda10 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    ^^ this.
    I log food here, all activities on FitBit. I completely ignore FitBit's calories advice, as they go well below 1000 on some days.
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    What kuranda10 said. According to fitbit, I'd have to put in 20K steps and eat just over 1000 calories a day to stay out of their "over budget" readings. I choose to ignore that and just hide the calories in/out part of the fitbit app.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    JeepHair77 wrote: »
    What kuranda10 said. According to fitbit, I'd have to put in 20K steps and eat just over 1000 calories a day to stay out of their "over budget" readings. I choose to ignore that and just hide the calories in/out part of the fitbit app.

Uuuggghhh that thing annoys me. I'm always striving to be "under budget", it's a mental thing lol
  • mom2natalie
    mom2natalie Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I think I should hide the calorie gauge on my app too. I don't think I ever end up."in the zone."
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,754 Member
    Options
    ejgrimsley wrote: »
    i would really hate to break my streak on this app, but ive been looking at the fitbit app and it seems like it could be even better for logging food and keeping track of the types of food im eating. anyone have any input on this?

I looked into changing over when I bought my Fitbit about a year ago. I decided that MFP has much better data, you can setup your recipes, your meals etc. makes it so much easier and don't forget scanning of labels. I don't have the tile for fitbit food data even on my dashboard. Just follow MFP's calorie data. All food goes there, all exercise goes into fitbit.com. Works for thousands of users. YMMV.
  • honorablebede
    honorablebede Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I think the MFP is better, but if you really want to try it, then try logging it for a week & review :)
  • kuroshii
    kuroshii Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    fitbit's food database has consistently lagged behind MFP's for years.
  • shortcdngirl
    shortcdngirl Posts: 56 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I started logging in fitbit and have grown used it. Everything is in one place. If I can't find the foods I just Google and plug everything in. I came back here to read the forums. I get confused when dealing with to many apps

Edit to ad. On the web you can make meals and recipes. Also the app you are able to scan a barcode
  • Crstlm3
    Crstlm3 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I used the FB app for months it seemed like I had never gotten in the zone. I never lost anything and the calories burned was way off. I still use FB for steps, and sleep log but I enter everything into MFP app. It transfers to FB app. Plus I find it easier to log food on MFP! Hope this helps.