Zip Battery

Options
MrsJ1210
MrsJ1210 Posts: 135 Member
Does anyone else have the issue where their Zip battery doesn't last the 6 months it's meant to? Mine only seems to last about 3 or 4 weeks.

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    When I was using the zip as my only tracker, the battery would last me 2-3 months. I frequently tapped the face. I just figured my frequent checking was the reason my battery didn't last a full 6 months. Since I have been using it as a secondary, I haven't changed the battery since sometime last summer.

You might have a defective one. I would contact Fitbit support.
  • breeze_brat
    breeze_brat Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    my battery didnt last long either, i contacted fitbit and after proving i bought one they said its the battery terminals and they sent a replacement still had the same battery issues. i bought the one and love that i can charge it
  • MrsJ1210
    Options
    my battery didnt last long either, i contacted fitbit and after proving i bought one they said its the battery terminals and they sent a replacement still had the same battery issues. i bought the one and love that i can charge it

Ok thanks for that. I'll keep an eye on mine.
  • Puckstar26
    Puckstar26 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I had endless issues with the Zip battery - even after troubleshooting and turning off all day sync, only syncing a couple of times a day. It was so annoying! Fitbit actually sent me 3 replacements. It would work fine for roughly 3 months, but then after installing a new battery it would only last a week or two.
    I have since upgraded to the one so I could recharge it instead of relying on batteries.
  • deveroux766
    deveroux766 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Great! I just ordered a Zip!
  • MrsJ1210
    Options
    Great! I just ordered a Zip!

It does work. May just need a job lot of batteries. You can get a job lot not too expensive. I do like my zip
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I was changing the battery in my zip every couple of months when I first got it because I was constantly tapping it to see my data lol. These days, a year later, I change it every 5-6mths.
  • MrsJ1210
    Options
    I was changing the battery in my zip every couple of months when I first got it because I was constantly tapping it to see my data lol. These days, a year later, I change it every 5-6mths.

I've stopped tapping it. I do sync it a fair bit from my phone. Not sure if that can drain the battery.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    MrsJ1210 wrote: »

I've stopped tapping it. I do sync it a fair bit from my phone. Not sure if that can drain the battery.

I don't think so. I sync ever hour or so and hasn't seemed to drain it.

• MrsJ1210
    Options
    MrsJ1210 wrote: »

I don't think so. I sync ever hour or so and hasn't seemed to drain it.

not to worry, I love my zip no matter how fast the battery appears to drain

thanks for your reply
  • kuroshii
    kuroshii Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Yes, syncing more often does drain the battery. I've consistently gotten 3 to 4 months from the 3025 battery. You can also use a 3032 which will last longer, you just need to gently push down on the metal tab with a screwdriver or something to make more room because it's extra capacity comes with being almost 1mm thicker.