logging your activity

Options
SarahsFitMess
SarahsFitMess Posts: 261 Member
I never log my activity because I don't want to eat back the calories I burn. Does anybody else do this? What are your thoughts?

Replies

• Cellphoneman123
    Cellphoneman123 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I do this as well, but more so because I don't think the totals are accurate.
  • LCSt68
    LCSt68 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I haven't yet because I didn't know how. I think it has the potential to be used the wrong way, yes, if that's what someone is determined to do. It could also be good feedback. I think I'll log but stick to my original calorie allotment regardless what extra I'm given - if that's possible. More research needed.
  • RunawayCurves
    RunawayCurves Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I only log my activity if eat it back. I also do not think it is accurate and do not log it very often.
  • BigChangeNeeded
    BigChangeNeeded Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    I used to log it all, but I took a look at the figures one day and things seemed really off, so I don't bother any more.
  • SarahsFitMess
    Options
    Thank you all for the feedback. I'll keep it up with my activities un logged
  • ClarissaCLD
    ClarissaCLD Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I manually created my 45 minute Aquafit class and put it at 1 calorie. That way I can log my exercise without it adding calories as I don't want to use them.
  • SarahsFitMess
    Options
    Nice one Clarissa
  • BarneyRubbleMD
    BarneyRubbleMD Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I can't walk anymore so I don't log any activity but that will change after I lose 20-30 lbs.
    A year ago when I was walking a lot, I would log half my time so that MFP would only add back in half of those walk calories (the MFP exercise calculators seem to be high).
  • 1cand0it2
    1cand0it2 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I use a fitbit and it automatically logs (aerobic exercises) for me - I don't track strength. I limit myself to eating half the calories back (most of the time!).
  • jesscoll317
    jesscoll317 Posts: 85 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    1cand0it2 wrote: »
    I use a fitbit and it automatically logs (aerobic exercises) for me - I don't track strength. I limit myself to eating half the calories back (most of the time!).

I do the same, 1cand. :) I find the Fitbit estimates to be more accurate. I was having lots of over-estimates when I previously used MapMyWalk and imported that data into MFP.

I try to stay at or slightly under my calorie budget, but if I do a lot of activity, I also find myself eating back more of the exercise calories.
  • ClarissaCLD
    ClarissaCLD Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    1cand0it2 wrote: »

I am thinking of getting one, do you find it good? I am worried about wearing it at work due to RSI when typing so I am still in the deciding stage considering they are not cheap.
  • 1cand0it2
    1cand0it2 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I love my fitbit! Not sure what RSI is, but I have used the one you clip on your bra, it just calculates steps, very easy (and will count steps while pushing a shopping cart), but I recently upgraded the HR charge which calculates heart rate and sleep too, but won't count shopping cart steps! I write for a living and it doesn't bother me, it's supposed to be worn loosely.
  • MYhealthyjourney70
    MYhealthyjourney70 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    i have my fitbit and MFP synced with eachother and that is the only activity that gets logged... i feel it is more accureate than the numbers MFP has
  • readytochange42
    readytochange42 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    You can go into your settings and change it so that it doesn't add the calories back.

• SarahsFitMess
    Options
    You can go into your settings and change it so that it doesn't add the calories back.

Awesome to know ty
  • Tata0716
    Tata0716 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I didn't know you could change it so it doesn't add the calories back, I've just been keeping note of it and not eating those added calories lol it's been a pain
  • SarahsFitMess
    Options
    @readytochange42 I can't find it do you log on your phone or computer