NSV

Options
SarahsFitMess
SarahsFitMess Posts: 261 Member
Non Scale Victories

I saw this thread in the success forum and thought it would be fun to find small successes in day to day life.

My nsv I bought a cute dress in December without trying it on only to barely squeeze into it when I got home (the sausague look is not in). Today while packing for a trip I came across it and figured "why not" and threw it on. Not only did it fit but it looked damn good :)

What's your nsv

Replies

• BigChangeNeeded
    BigChangeNeeded Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    That is so wonderful, MM, well done :smiley:

I guess one NSV for me was when I could make it from the bus stop near my workplace to my office (which is only about an 8 minute walk up a gentle hill, then two flights of stairs) without stopping halfway through to catch my breath for a few minutes, and then stopping to catch my breath at the top of the stairs.
    I'm still a little out of breath by the time I get to my office, but I can do it all in one go now.

• SarahsFitMess
    Options
    Stairs are no joke congratulations on that one
  • Nuari2016
    Nuari2016 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    At my heaviest, my office chair would slowly sink after I sat on it, so that within an hour I'd have to re-adjust the height again. It hasn't done that recently, and I'm hoping it's because there's a little less for it to hold up! :)
  • BigChangeNeeded
    Options
    That must be a fab feeling, @Nuari2016 well done :smiley:
  • ClarissaCLD
    ClarissaCLD Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    For me getting better control on my blood sugars is a great achievement. I still have a way to go to get them right as I keep having hypos, but at least they are low enough to have a hypo, last time before this March was Christmas 2014.
  • BigChangeNeeded
    Options
    For me getting better control on my blood sugars is a great achievement. I still have a way to go to get them right as I keep having hypos, but at least they are low enough to have a hypo, last time before this March was Christmas 2014.

That's an awesome NSV, and a very important one, well done @ClarissaCLD

• Klipsan
    Klipsan Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Good idea for a thread. I've dropped 52lbs since the first of the year and I'm finding it easier to balance on one leg to get into and out of the car.
  • smurphy90
    smurphy90 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I recently had to go buy new jeans; I've gone down a size!
  • SarahsFitMess
    Options
    Loving these :) congrats everyone
  • readytochange42
    readytochange42 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    These are awesome! I was excited when a pair of pants that I couldn't button last year, I can now pull them up and down while still buttoned and zipped.
  • 1cand0it2
    1cand0it2 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Love the jeans victories!
  • Tata0716
    Tata0716 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Speaking of jeans, my NSV was wearing jeans for the first time in 3 years this past weekend!
  • BigChangeNeeded
    Options
    I've got a pair of jeans just waiting for me to be able to fit into. Last year, I couldn't even get them over my thighs. I've not tried them yet, but I'm going to see what happens at the end of this month. I SO want to get in to them. They're three sizes down from my starting size, so I might just cry when I get into them, ha ha.

Had a NSV last night when I found my 'Always Keep Fighting' t-shirt (yes, I'm a 'Supernatural' fangirl) that some friends bought me last year during a particularly bad depressive spell. I'd put it aside because although they bought what they thought was my size, it was really tight. Its been sat in a drawer since then.
    I was looking for a suitable top to wear to the gym, tried it on, and not only did it fit, but there was a little room inside. I was bloody ecstatic, ha ha. I'm going to use it as my yardstick for how much I'm shrinking each month. I need to get my OH to take a picture...
  • Tata0716
    Tata0716 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I've got a pair of jeans just waiting for me to be able to fit into. Last year, I couldn't even get them over my thighs. I've not tried them yet, but I'm going to see what happens at the end of this month. I SO want to get in to them. They're three sizes down from my starting size, so I might just cry when I get into them, ha ha.

Had a NSV last night when I found my 'Always Keep Fighting' t-shirt (yes, I'm a 'Supernatural' fangirl) that some friends bought me last year during a particularly bad depressive spell. I'd put it aside because although they bought what they thought was my size, it was really tight. Its been sat in a drawer since then.
    I was looking for a suitable top to wear to the gym, tried it on, and not only did it fit, but there was a little room inside. I was bloody ecstatic, ha ha. I'm going to use it as my yardstick for how much I'm shrinking each month. I need to get my OH to take a picture...

Yay!!! That is awesome, such a good feeling!
  • jesscoll317
    jesscoll317 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I love reading your NSVs! These stories encourage me more than numbers of steps or numbers on the scale. :)

I've only been on this journey 8 weeks, but here are three NSVs:

I can now fit in my pre-Baby #2 jeans! He turns 2 next month, so -- even though they are just a size smaller -- this pair has been out of commission for about 2.5 years.

Our family had to sit in the balcony at church on Easter. I hate the balcony because it's full of old, narrow (to me, at least) theatre seats that dig into my sides and make my legs hurt. I hadn't been up there in several months, but I must have lost some inches around my hips, because I made it through the service without hurting. (This is probably a really pathetic NSV for the non-300 crowd, but you guys might understand.)

When I began in February, I would get tired before my 7 year old on an afternoon walk. Now he's the one asking to take a rest on the curb!
  • MYhealthyjourney70
    MYhealthyjourney70 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    everyone is doing great i love reading about your NSV..

my hubby usually works nights... a few times a year he gets to work day shift... this week is one of those times... i usually flake on the gym when he is on day shift but NOT this time... i made it to the gym 3 days in a row and tonight we are going for a walk with the dog when we get home from work..

i also noticed last night when changing at the gym and i was putting my shoes on i didn't have to put my leg up on the bench to tie my shoes.. i was able to bend over and tie them..
  • Nuari2016
    Nuari2016 Posts: 68 Member
    Options

I need to get my OH to take a picture...

I have a similar pair of jeans lurking in my closet - I think I might be able to just squeeze into them, but I'd rather wait until they fit properly so it's a better mental boost. I'll give it a go at the end of the month too, if you'll cheer me along!

Supernatural rocks!!!
  • SarahsFitMess
    Options

Our family had to sit in the balcony at church on Easter. I hate the balcony because it's full of old, narrow (to me, at least) theatre seats that dig into my sides and make my legs hurt. I hadn't been up there in several months, but I must have lost some inches around my hips, because I made it through the service without hurting. (This is probably a really pathetic NSV for the non-300 crowd, but you guys might understand. )

Had a similar nsv at the movie theater. My movies are slowly getting more comfortable :) now is only they can do something about obnoxious teenagers......
  • smurphy90
    smurphy90 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I had to buy new jeans, one size down, last week!

I was also very proud of myself for choosing to walk a few places this week instead of taking the metro. They were short 2-3 miles round-trip, but a month ago I never would have chosen walking!

Oh! I also finally got over my fear (of finding out how bad my PCOS might be) and went to the doctor for an ultrasound. Turns out it's not so bad! Some cysts, but the doctor said there weren't a huge number of them and they were pretty small. Hopefully will reverse with more weight loss!
  • lungs59
    lungs59 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!!! This is so awesome! So proud of everyone! :)