VA care

Options
I'm headed to my VA appt today with the behavioral doc, overall I feel the VA folks here in the Dallas and Tyler offices are doing a decent job. Are you guys using the VA for medical care or are you using private insurance, like Tricare?

Replies

• jlcnuke
    jlcnuke Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I use both private and VA now. I was just using private as it was a huge pain and took a lot of time to get in with the VA when I moved here 8 years ago. Now that I'm on a HDHP plan at work, getting my meds for free from the VA, and the "new" VA clinics that make it much less of a hassle, is well worth it to me.

The first doc I saw didn't want to give me the meds in the form I wanted but a couple messages through the website and I got the two prescriptions changed. They've been very responsive and prompt so far, though the first doc I saw didn't seem to give me 100% attention (or listen to me 100%). I'll reserve judgement on the quality of care for after I've done something other than have a meeting to get prescriptions through the VA.
  • newmeoroldme
    newmeoroldme Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Albuquerque reporting :):) the va here is pretty good. I work for the govt and have geha which va bills them then writes the bal off. I go to the va for everything even RX's that are mailed to my house. I love it
  • CoachBrafford
    CoachBrafford Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    ... im in centex va. Its better than its ever been... but the VA is location location. Florida had crappy health care, but Voc Rehab was awesome cause no one used it.
    But o well.