Welcome to the group!

Options
Hello I have a Lap Band since June of 2011, I struggle many days with the next best thing to eat. Get tired of searching for those foods that are Bariatric friendly. Not a big fan of "pouch" suppliments and do use protein powder. Thought this would be a good start! Thanks for checking out the new group! Gary

Replies

• mwc12
    mwc12 Posts: 15
    Options
    I just had by gastric bypass last Thursday and a struggling through recovery trying to drink enough water and get enough protein.any advice would be appreciated

Melissa
  • moebass
    Options
    Bypass or any surgery takes time to heal...slow down when you eat. Mush is the consistancy and protein shakes are still a part of my daily and default foods Easy does it!

Glad you are all here!
  • janree
    Options
    Hi! I had gastric sleeve surgery on Dec 1 and am just now getting into the full liquid part of my diet. I did the weight loss program with Dr./Dietician for 4 months prior to surgery. I have lost 49 lbs since I started this journey and am very excited. Once I got past the clear liquid part right after surgery I have started feeling better. Walking pretty good now and am looking forward to working on my goals for a new life! Glad to be a part of your group!
  • Lordservnt
    Options
    Hello all! I am scheduled for Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy on February 21, so excited!
  • BriefTales
    BriefTales Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm three years from my gastric bypass: unfortunately, I needed and underwear L4/L5 fusion in October. Being totally inactive and immobile, I've gained 10 pounds. I realize that 10 pounds is not much except that I need to lose it for my own self-esteem. I've done so well. I'm back on a bariatric diet, high in protein and low carbs. I find it difficult to eat enough calories per day. I no longer drink for about 30 min before and 30 min after a meal. I've tested my pouch size and I know it will hold 5 oz. So.. i limit (kitchen scale) my meals to 4 oz... just to be on the safe side. I also use a protein suppliment called Isopure from Bariatric Choice. It is UNFLAVORED and easy to use. I've used it in soups and smoothies, no lumps. Actually, no taste. That's the good part about it. I't packed with protein and no carbs. I urge all WLS people, success. These are my observations... I hope something I've said will help others in their journey. Would love to hear from you and how it's going.. I'll let you know how my progress is going.
  • wr1275
    wr1275 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi. Would you allow someone who doesn't intend to have surgery, but wants to follow the diet of those who do have surgery to join the group? Is this group still active?