26 mo. Post sleeve, plastics 3 days postop

Options
Shannie312
Shannie312 Posts: 46 Member
Hello, haven't been on in a while, wanted to check in. My sleeve was Jan 2014, lost 80 lbs, I'm 5'2", maintained loss 20 mo so far. Had Fleur de lis abdominoplasty, Brachioplasty on Friday 3/18. Things are very tight in the abdomen, some swelling. Arms are quite swollen. Wouldn't say I've had a lot of pain, just tight. Camped out in power lift recliner I rented, thought I'd say hi. To my sleeve friends

Replies

• lenac87
    lenac87 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm considering having an abdominoplasty too, I am afraid of how much it is going to hurt lol I'm glad to hear that maybe it's not so bad :)
  • Shannie312
    Shannie312 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    The surgeon injected a long lasting (3-4 days) local anesthetic before closing so I am probably still feeling the effects of that. I take my pain medication every 6 hours and alternate with Tylenol, so I taking something every 3 hours while I'm awake. I've had 3 c sections along with laparoscopic sleeve and gall bladder, this is the most uncomfortable I have been, but I expected that going in. I have to walk bent over for about 10 days to avoid tension on my incision, so my back is sore from that. Not really painting a rosy picture, am I? I would do it again in a heartbeat. My apron is gone, my stomach, even though swollen right now, looks awesome and my bat wings are gone! The discomfort I have now is temporary
  • kimberlytedquist
    kimberlytedquist Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I would like to learn more about this. Is this covered by insurance after a certain amount of time, or is this something you had to plan for on your own ?
  • candacet36
    candacet36 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I had a tummy tuck and I would say it was the most painful thing that I have ever been through... and I would totally do it again in a heartbeat.

Best of luck!!!!
  • GalgoMomAnita
    GalgoMomAnita Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I'm glad to hear you're feeling relatively well given your situation and that things look so good already - that's exciting! I could use a little belly work, but it's the saggy boobs and butt I need more than anything. No matter how heavy I work out the rear nothing wants to develop there. If you're thinking about plastic work I highly recommend doing lots of reading of others' experiences on realself.com - I used this prior to my sleeve, for my sleeve, and for my sister when she had plastic work done and it was so very helpful.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    I'm on the schedule to have abdominoplasty, and a Breast lift, on August 17th! Insurance isn't an option, but it's not costing near as much as I thought it would (just under $8000 for surgeon, and facility!). Excited, and terrified too!