TEAM 3! Ready To Rock!!

Options

Replies

• JagZag
    JagZag Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I'll reach out to Chel325 and see what's going on with her. That's a lot of miles to rack up in one week for me too, Lynn. Gotta go buy some fish tomorrow!!
  • Pmm5pla
    Pmm5pla Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    26 miles this week? well, sofar i'm pleased. My usual daily 2 mile walk yesterday and today; and running session with my club this evening 4 miles approx, so I figure I'm at 8. only 18 to go. i'll be biking tomorrow, but that won't count, unfortunately!

who else noticed that our score last week was our BEST so far. We missed getting to Egypt, but gained lots more points because we concentrated on the other challenges!
  • Headrain
    Headrain Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I appreciate the help guys, I really do! My work is just insane right now and I'm not doing well with eating and exercising as reflected in my lack of weight loss.
    Pat, I love your enthusiasm but we are all different levels of exercise here - I could not begin to walk 26 miles in a week. Pitiful, but true. My max is 2.5 a day if the weather is good which it hasn't been. You are in much better shape than I.
    I'm personally in a slump right now and doing my best to muddle through so I appreciate all you guys do, especially you with the spreadsheet Pat!!
    I have reached out to the Mia members, multiple times, some of them. I privately message them that I hope all is well and we would appreciate if they complete their part on the spreadsheet as soon as possible or let us know if they need to drop out. It's true we have no idea what is happening in others lives so need to be understanding- in the big world picture this challenge is important only to those who can currently value what it can do for them.
    Thanks again, all!
  • Pmm5pla
    Options
    Totally appreciate all that, @Headrain.

Yes, there's always a reason. People who are MIA are not deliberately doing it just to pee us off.
    Yes, 26 is a marathon journey... Its a pity there's not points for partial completion.

When in a slump, reach out! That's what you did. Here's a virtual helping hand. If there's anything else I can do, pls let me know.

• JagZag
    Options
    Getting on the scales these days has become laughable. I actually had my husband weigh himself just to see if the dang scale was stuck on 168 and wouldn't move. Sadly it did move with him on it. :( For the last 3 weeks the scale has not moved up nor down. The s-a-m-e weight day after day after day after day. I almost feel like pigging out just to see something different on the &@#$ thing!
  • Pmm5pla
    Options
    JagZag wrote: »
    Getting on the scales these days has become laughable. I actually had my husband weigh himself just to see if the dang scale was stuck on 168 and wouldn't move. Sadly it did move with him on it. :( For the last 3 weeks the scale has not moved up nor down. The s-a-m-e weight day after day after day after day. I almost feel like pigging out just to see something different on the &@#$ thing!

I can't help laughing. Sorry!
  • JagZag
    Options
    No problem Pat, I laugh myself. I guess it's better to laugh than to give up. I've decided that no matter what happens weight wise, the benefits I am getting from keeping on the move far outweigh that stinking 168 number. So I will keep on keeping on!
  • Pmm5pla
    Options
    We are going to make it to Kiev this week. I can feel it in my bones!
  • Pmm5pla
    Options
    JagZag wrote: »
    No problem Pat, I laugh myself. I guess it's better to laugh than to give up. I've decided that no matter what happens weight wise, the benefits I am getting from keeping on the move far outweigh that stinking 168 number. So I will keep on keeping on!

Yes, you're right. A number is just a number! That lovely feeling of being aware of the benefits of improved lifestyle is far more important.
  • determined24girl
    determined24girl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Hey guys I'm back. I don't know what i had but it kicked my butt. I'm still a little nauseous and tired but I figure i should just push through that.
  • JagZag
    Options
    Hey guys I'm back. I don't know what i had but it kicked my butt. I'm still a little nauseous and tired but I figure i should just push through that.

Glad to have you back, Kayla. Don't do too much and get sick again.
  • JagZag
    Options
    Pmm5pla wrote: »
    We are going to make it to Kiev this week. I can feel it in my bones!

I think so too!!! Although, there are a lot of places I'd rather go. Still, I'm sure it has lots of interesting things to see.
  • Nicci93
    Nicci93 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Wow I am slacking on the exercise this week :( I was supposed to run 4 miles yesterday, but didn't. And it was simply because I was being lazy.

Now I regret it and I know I won't be able to work out tonight since one of my husband's sisters is in a musical we're going to that is an hour away :(
  • dittybugdesigns
    dittybugdesigns Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi team. So sorry I haven't been on here lately, work has been insanely busy and spring sports are in full swing for my three kids so life has been crazy!!! Hopefully things will calm down so I can log on more. My saving grace in all of this chaos is being able to work out! That is my relaxation and time away from the day to day and I love it. Actually I'm off to the gym now for some cardio :) Hope everyone is having a good day and an even better weekend!
  • Headrain
    Headrain Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    You're all doing great, thanks for doing all that you can do!!!
  • lynnjano
    lynnjano Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Hi Kayla, glad to see you back! Hope you're feeling better and remember to really hydrate after not feeling well. Even a little Pedialite will help, Gatorade has too much sugar and artificial ingredients. Best wishes.
  • lynnjano
    Options
    Well we made it to Kiev! Nice job Variety Pack. Let's work on those roadblocks now shall we? Hope everyone is feeling healthier by now! I feel like the scale gets stuck too, sometimes you need to shock your body with a good high calorie day, but try to take in protein and good fat, then go back to your calorie/nutrient weight loss goals, see if that helps. Or try the opposite and only have healthy protein smoothies for one day, don't load up on carbs, and see what happens. And don't forget to drink HALF YOUR WEIGHT IN WATER, this is HUGE, I mean this is gonna be HUGE.
  • lynnjano
    Options
  • lynnjano
    Options
    ;););)
  • MrTubbs
    MrTubbs Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Sorry about my lack of chatter. I'll update my info today sometime. Probably this evening.

I played street hockey for several hours yesterday for the first time in a year. My entire body is sore. Aches, pain and road rash.... but hell, I battled and led my team to victory... I guess... we will see as I limp around today. I feel like I am 85. Now today I have to some how figure out how to swing a bat. First step, pop some aleve.

My week in a nut shell: Terrible eating, pretty good on exercise.