The vegetarian to vegan transition

Options
yokat22
yokat22 Posts: 4 Member
I have been a vegetarian for years, so you'd think it would be easy for me to become vegan, right? Not so! The reason I'm here in the first place is years of junk food eating (especially pastries and ice cream) and it's hard to give those bad habits up. Anyone else here a new vegan or an experienced vegan who can offer advice/meal inspiration? I am looking for some new myfitnesspal friends, let me know if I can add you!

Replies

• pkhurls
    pkhurls Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I was vego since i was 7 and became vegan about 5 or so years ago. I found the transition fairly easy as i read lots and watched lots of documentaries to the point that even seeing someone else have dairy makes me gag. Happy for you to ask me any questions also :) my diary is open
  • Fay84Vegan
    Fay84Vegan Posts: 225 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Hi
  • Fay84Vegan
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Hi
  • Fay84Vegan
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Hi
  • Fay84Vegan
    Options
    Hi
  • Fay84Vegan
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Stupid.... It's not posting my comment...!!!
  • Fay84Vegan
    Options
    It's great to hear you are trying to go Vegan!
  • Fay84Vegan
    Options
    I was Vegetarian for years then went Vegan 6 years ago.
    There are A LOT of Vegan alternatives to Vegetarian Junk Food.
    Here in the UK there is AlmondDream, Booja Booja, SoDelicious, Swedish Glacé Ice Creams etc
    Quorn have just bought out Vegan Mock Meats
    Healthy alternative to Ice Cream is to make it with Frozen Bananas.It is A M A Z ING!
    Just add pieces of frozen bananas to a food processor or very strong blender and blend until silky smooth
    When I went Vegan it was over night but I did have the odd piece of cheese in the first year,
    Watching Earthlings, Cowspiracy, Forks Over Knives etc will help to find your motivation to Go & Stay Vegan permanently!
  • yokat22
    yokat22 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for the suggestions and motivation! I need to get myself a good blender :)
  • artsyfarts700
    artsyfarts700 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Yes a good blender is a must have! I've recently transitioned from vegetarian to vegan four months ago. It took me a good couple of years trying to convince myself I could go without cheese but now I have cut all animal products out of my diet I've never felt better!! I've also found some great recipes that fill those dairy cravings.
  • Geneh630
    Geneh630 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Looking for new vegans to follow and hopefully chat to :]