Two pounds a week

Options
gpsepulveda
gpsepulveda Posts: 31 Member
In order to reach my goal of 20 lbs by June I need to get into the 2 lbs a week range. I have been dropping about 1 lb a week since the challenge started. I'm proud of my loss so far but I want to kick it up so I can reach this goal.
I started at 209 and can't wait to get under 200. It's been about 5 years since I was in the 100's.
Does anyone have any tips or advice to get to 2 lbs a week?
TIA!

Replies

• lucy_girl
    lucy_girl Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I've never gotten to 2 lbs a week even maintaining a deficit that *should* put me there. I'm averaging 5 lbs a month which seems REALLY slooooowww but it's steady and I'm toning up with spinning and weights. I'm not sure 2 lbs a week is possible for everyone. Keep at it!
  • Jmgris1
    Jmgris1 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I have been dropping 3 pounds a week for about a month and a half. 30 to 45 minutes daily on the treadmill and running a deficit. I sub the treadmill with Carpentry and cleaning sometimes on the weekend. Feel free to view my diary for my food choices.
  • gpsepulveda
    gpsepulveda Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thank you both for your feed back!
    I have been feeling recently like I just need to be happy and proud of my 1 pound a week. I truly am happy for any progress!
    I will definitely check out your diary Jmgris1. I think my weekend food choices are part of what is holding me back.
    Thanks again!
  • Iknewyouweretrouble
    Iknewyouweretrouble Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Jmgris1 wrote: »
    I have been dropping 3 pounds a week for about a month and a half. 30 to 45 minutes daily on the treadmill and running a deficit. I sub the treadmill with Carpentry and cleaning sometimes on the weekend. Feel free to view my diary for my food choices.

that sounds great