Team 9

Options
12345679»

Replies

• laurab384
    laurab384 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Awesome job @vazquezmom7!

I've been trying to get the extra miles in and it is wearing me out! I was exhausted yesterday (doesn't help that I've been fighting a cold this week)!

How did everyone do on their weigh-ins? I only lost .2 lbs this week which is disappointing. But it puts me below 150 which is a huge mental milestone for me. (I start getting frustrated and stressed when my weight is above 150) I am determined to have a big loss next Tuesday!
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    laurab384 wrote: »
    How did everyone do on their weigh-ins? I only lost .2 lbs this week which is disappointing. But it puts me below 150 which is a huge mental milestone for me. (I start getting frustrated and stressed when my weight is above 150) I am determined to have a big loss next Tuesday!

I had a modest weight loss ... less than a pound from last week, still trying to shed the recent gain I had in March.

I am 100 heavier than you are!

My best weight ... where I felt the best and looked good was 140 pounds. Lower than that i was gaunt and fatigued and higher than that I felt fat. What happened that I am 100 away from that magic weight? ... I didn't keep up with my activity levels, got a desk job for 30 years, ate too many fast food lunches and donut shop snacks.
    Now I am rueing the day(s) I didn't keep myself in check as the weight crept on.
    So keep at it!!! And never stop keeping tabs on your physical condition.
  • Nikion901
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Nikion901 wrote: »
    Wk 5 challenge
    Mon - no exercise, no kettlebell, no walking, ate cabbage (chinese cabbage)
    Tues - no exercise, no kettlebell, no walking, ate salmon
    Wed - 45 min exercise, no kettlebell, walked 1/4 mile, ate fermented cabbage

Thurs - 60 min exercise, no kettleball, no walking, ate sardine fishes. Did accountability post.
  • vazquezmom7
    vazquezmom7 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Great job @nikion901, I am glad you found an exercise you like. :)
  • Nikion901
    Options
    Great job @nikion901, I am glad you found an exercise you like. :)
    Thanks ... it's more a matter of able-to-do than like. I'm glad I found movements that I can do. These are a series that I should be able to keep up with. I'm looking forward to next week's batch cause they have you on your feet for them.
  • laurab384
    Options
    laurab384 wrote: »

I had a modest weight loss ... less than a pound from last week, still trying to shed the recent gain I had in March.

I am 100 heavier than you are!

My best weight ... where I felt the best and looked good was 140 pounds. Lower than that i was gaunt and fatigued and higher than that I felt fat. What happened that I am 100 away from that magic weight? ... I didn't keep up with my activity levels, got a desk job for 30 years, ate too many fast food lunches and donut shop snacks.
    Now I am rueing the day(s) I didn't keep myself in check as the weight crept on.
    So keep at it!!! And never stop keeping tabs on your physical condition.

At my heaviest I was just under 200lbs, 50 lbs more than I am right now. My lowest weight was around 135 I felt great there but I've also never been lower than that so I don't know how that would feel/look.

I agree it is so easy for fitness to take a backseat but it is always worth the effort! I have had times where I've said "I'm too tired to exercise" or "I'm too busy to eat healthy" or "I just can't deal with that right now" but I have to remind myself that exercise and eating healthy give me energy and help me feel better!

Congrats on your loss, even a small loss is progress!
  • Nikion901
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Wk 5 challenge

Thurs - 60 min exercise, no kettleball, no walking, ate sardine fishes. Did accountability post.

Friday - 45 min exercise, no kettleball, no walking, ate shrimp seafood, cabbage slaw.
    have a walking goal for Saturday
  • laurab384
    Options
    Great job @Nikion901! Keep up the good work!
  • laurab384
    Options
    Hope you all are having a great weekend! Please remember to update the spreadsheet by Sunday night. I think we can make it to the miles this week (which means our challenges are worth more points!)

Reminder: The teams will be reorganized after this week. If you don't post anything in the spreadsheet you'll be eliminated. So if you want to stay in (even if you haven't been able to do the challenges this week) post something there or let me know.

:)
  • Nikion901
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Wk 5 challenge

Friday - 45 min exercise, no kettleball, no walking, ate shrimp seafood, cabbage slaw.
    have a walking goal for Saturday

[/quote]

Saturday - 30 min exercise, no kettleball, walked 1/2 mile, ate haddock, fermented cabbage
    Sunday - 30 min exercise, no kettleball, walked 1/2 milk, ate German style red cabbage

Boo-hiss ...
    Just read the Week 6 Golden Ticket and learned that Team 7 and Team 9 are being clumped together, and also 2 other teams are being made into one.
  • laurab384
    Options
    You beat me to it @Nikion901!

Yes Teams 7 and 9 are being combined into one team. This will definitely benefit us because some of the teams have a lot more people than we do. So more people to spread the miles around!

So starting this week team 9 will post their numbers on the TEAM 7 SPREADSHEET. The team leader for team 7 is @Countrcowgirl so if you have any issues you can message either of us.

I will also send a pm to each team 9 member with this update. Keep up the good work team 9!
  • sukkara
    sukkara Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    @laurab384 so we're team 7 now?
  • sukkara
    Options
    Not sure where to keep track of miles for the challenge, so I will post them here. I walked 4 miles today but worked out for 90 minutes. (60 min. walking and 30 min. lifting weights/circuit training) So I need to walk/run 21 more miles this week? Wow this is a challenge. Here is my schedule to accomplish this:

Mon. 4 miles walked DONE
    Tues. 1.5 miles run, 2 miles walked
    Wed. 4 miles walked
    Thurs. 1.5 miles run, 2 miles walked
    Fri. 4 miles walked
    Sat. 1.5 miles run, 2 miles walked
    Sun. 2.5 miles walked

Bravo!
  • sukkara
    Options
    I walked and ran the 26 miles during the 1st 4 days of the challenge and was glad that I'd accomplished it! Only to discover that I had calculated the distance (fitbit) in kilometres not miles! The 26 miles are actually 40 kilos :'(:'( Ran like a crazy woman the last 2 days to reach the goal, and just kept walking all the time, no sitting down, even at home. Yep, definitely was called crazy :p
  • vazquezmom7
    vazquezmom7 Posts: 935 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I just finished adding up all my miles and man that was hard. No wonder I was so hungry and tired by Friday. But it did help my exercise points. I loved the kettleball video, whay a good burn. Anyways I haven't seen the new Week s challenge. Will look later, I had such a busy weekend, my house took a beating. Need to clean inside and out. Was planning on helping my son mow the yard BUT I have my own work to do. Our tractor is broken and he has to use the push mower. To mow a little over an acre.

I will catch up with all of you tonight. :-)
  • Nikion901
    Options
    I'm dropping out ... will not post to Team 7, gonna shut down the PC and keep it off and try to finish off the month in my kitchen instead of home office. Bye everyone.
  • Melodieccurn
    Melodieccurn Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I'm dropping out ... will not post to Team 7, gonna shut down the PC and keep it off and try to finish off the month in my kitchen instead of home office. Bye everyone.
    I'm sorry to see you drop out. This is not an insult to your team it's for both teams benefit . Sorry you feel that way. I did not want to eliminate so I felt this was the best way to keep the ones who was working so hard for the past 6 weeks. I know your team had held its trouble as well. Countrcowgirl is an awesome leader and She is happy to have all of you on board and to have Laura co captain the team with her .

• laurab384
    Options
    sukkara wrote: »
    @laurab384 so we're team 7 now?

Yep! I guess we could say we are team 7/9. Countrcowgirl has started a new combined team thread for everyone to post in.
  • Nikion901
    Options
    I'm sorry to see you drop out. This is not an insult to your team it's for both teams benefit . Sorry you feel that way. I did not want to eliminate so I felt this was the best way to keep the ones who was working so hard for the past 6 weeks. I know your team had held its trouble as well. Countrcowgirl is an awesome leader and She is happy to have all of you on board and to have Laura co captain the team with her .

It's not because of the team merger that I need to drop out. The 'I will not post to team 7' was an update ... I didn't know where to post my intent. It's for personal reasons that I am dropping out at this late stage and if I could stay in the race I would. Good Luck everyone. I hope team 7/9 comes in with great scrores.
  • Melodieccurn
    Melodieccurn Posts: 966 Member
    Options

It's not because of the team merger that I need to drop out. The 'I will not post to team 7' was an update ... I didn't know where to post my intent. It's for personal reasons that I am dropping out at this late stage and if I could stay in the race I would. Good Luck everyone. I hope team 7/9 comes in with great scrores.

I'm sorry . I misunderstood you. That's the bad thing with forums versus verbal conversation. Things get misunderstood . If I can help you in any way send me a line.