Freezing and trouble with blood sugar dropping

Options
Lori_Pensel
Lori_Pensel Posts: 34 Member
I had VSG 4/4. I am freezing all the time now. I think my blood sugar levels are falling b/c I get shakey, have trouble consintrating and keep feeling like I am going to pass out. I have been getting about 30 -40 grams of protien per day. Any suggestions?

Replies

• jcavanna2
    jcavanna2 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Hi Lori - congrats on surgery - sorry to hear how you are feeling. My doctor said to focus on hydration first and the protein goal is 70g to start...I am in my pre-op diet (4/18 is my surgery date) and I have found the Manischewitz chicken broth to be awesome...maybe try that if you can find it at your grocery store and mix in somehow flavored protein powder? Drink lots of fluids and hope you are feeling better soon. I would definitely check in with your doc if you haven't already
  • NicoleL874
    NicoleL874 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    The freezing, I hate to say, get used to it. I used to be hot all the time. Now, my extremities get cold easily and I feel my core drop at times. (usually for a few hours post workouts)

The blood sugar thing, make sure you're getting your fluids and protein in. At two weeks post, make sure you get calories in spread throughout the day. We don't take in much, so it's important to keep fuelled!

I hope you're feeling better today!

• CNACHEFCHAZZ
    CNACHEFCHAZZ Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I always felt jittery and light headed when I was behind on my water intake. hydration is very important. cavanna is correct. drink, drink, drink.