CLOSED! Week 2 Weigh-In (Submit Between Apr 9 - Apr 15)

Options

Replies

• overw8gosk8
    overw8gosk8 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Username: overw8gosk8
    Team Name: Gutbusters
    Weight: 241
  • SuperSizeMeNot
    SuperSizeMeNot Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    When I started the challenge I told my leader that my scale was broke, she told me to get a new one for weigh Ins. And I weighed myself twice yesterday because I also went to a WIC appointment and the dietitian weighed me there, it was the same thing on their scale. 234.1 I no longer have my old scale, I threw it away. Lol
    My last scale was broke and not working correctly! I got a new scale today!!!
    Username: SuperSizeMeNot
    Team: Thin It To Win It
    Weight: 234.1

I'm not sure how to handle this. I'm assuming you didn't have a loss of 15.9 lbs and that it was a result of the new scale. However...if you did lose this then I'm at your feet praising you!! I want to know your secret! LOL

Because the weekly weight loss % is based on your starting weight (what you closed at last week) it would show that you lost 15.9 lbs this week. In order to adjust for the difference in scales I would have to adjust your last week's weight. The problem is you don't know what that was.

I'm super tired right now so I'm not thinking clearly. I've put your name in red type so I can look at it tomorrow when I'm clearer. I want to handle it so that it's fair to you but also fair to other participants.

Is it possible maybe that you could continue the month/challenge with your old scale in order to maintain consistency? I realize it's not your true weight but at least we'd be comparing on the same scale.

• SuperSizeMeNot
    Options
    My starting weight was 250 though I used my drs scale for that :)
  • Serendipity0913
    Serendipity0913 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    @SuperSizeMeNot how about we do this. Last week you reported a 0 lbs loss and this week you reported a 15.9 lb loss. Because you said your starting weight was from your doctor and your current weight is from your dietitian and home scale then we know you lost a total of 15.9 lbs. How about we split your loss between last week and this week. That way you're getting credit for your loss but it's still being fair to the other 149 participants.

Just so you know though, week 1 is closed and winners have been announced so I won't be going back and re-tallying week 1's results.

Sound fair?
  • SuperSizeMeNot
    Options
    Yes thank you
    @SuperSizeMeNot how about we do this. Last week you reported a 0 lbs loss and this week you reported a 15.9 lb loss. Because you said your starting weight was from your doctor and your current weight is from your dietitian and home scale then we know you lost a total of 15.9 lbs. How about we split your loss between last week and this week. That way you're getting credit for your loss but it's still being fair to the other 149 participants.

Just so you know though, week 1 is closed and winners have been announced so I won't be going back and re-tallying week 1's results.

Sound fair?

• SuperSizeMeNot
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Are u updating our teams weight loss with the weight i lost from week 1 or are u putting the whole 15.9 pounds on this week's?
  • SuperSizeMeNot
    Options
    Nevermind I see you recorded it. Thanks!
  • Serendipity0913
    Serendipity0913 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Week 1 is closed. What I did was change your weight loss last week from 0 to 8 lbs. This week was the remaining lbs. Because I do the calculations weekly instead of overall I need to have the previous week's weight in order to calculate this week's %. The weight loss % is not cumulative week after week, it's on a week by week basis. Nothing will change for your team for last week, it's merely to be able to do calculations going forward.
  • SuperSizeMeNot
    Options
    Okay thank you
  • saturnina8
    saturnina8 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Username: saturnina8
    Team Name: Gutbusters
    Weight: 210
  • stm712015
    stm712015 Posts: 138 Member