Oh thank goodness for pre op

Options
char_barr
char_barr Posts: 125 Member
I'm at a raffle and surrounded by a million triggers - pizza, soft pretzels, chips, cakes and cookies and soda....including my husband. But here I sit with my protein shake :smiley: it's not too bad...but knowing I have 8 days until surgery is a helpful motivator.

Replies

• char_barr
    Options
    My husband is a trigger and he is indulging in my triggers ;)
  • jcavanna2
    jcavanna2 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Me too - my husband has been eating potato crackers that just came out, cheese and had the nerve to ask me to pick up Ben & Jerrys from the store for him tonight! I am so with you - thank goodness our surgery will be here in just over a week!

I have been meaning to ask you how you felt before and after spin. I have been so lethargic this week so I never made it to the gym which is highly unlike me but really want to work out this week since it is the last week I will be able to work out until after surgery...
  • char_barr
    Options
    I didn't make it either! But it was because of work meetings running over! I think this week I can get to it. How did weigh in go?
  • jcavanna2
    Options
    My weigh in went well - down 3.2 for a total of 31.6 so far :). How about you? Really hoping to get to my trainer tomorrow morning and to the gym the rest of the week - would love to get even more off this week. So excited (and anxious) about surgery next Monday. What time is your procedure? Mine is at 3pm and ha e to be at the hospital at 10 am.
  • NicoleL874
    NicoleL874 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies! Only a few days left! Don't sweat not getting to the gym, especially for spin class! You are getting such little nutrition right now you could do more harm than good. Take care of yourself and don't go overboard. Good luck and let us know how you are after!
  • jcavanna2
    Options
    Hey Nicole! I worked out with my trainer yesterday who went a little easy on me since she knows what my pre-op diet is like. I did go to spin and noticed I could not keep my RPMs up with the resistance we needed so I didn't push myself too hard for that very reason.

I can't believe surgery is only 6 days away. I have my final pre-op appts tomorrow afternoon including the nutritionist. Took your advice and if I got hungry I had protein. Bought a bag of already boiled eggs so if I was so hungry and couldn't drink a shake I had a hard boiled egg or a Colby jack cheese stick. Trying to follow this program to a T but it is hard especially on weekends but overall did well and got in some extra walking time this weekend with our new addition who we had this weekend.

Have to say a HUGE thank you to both of you for all of your support and suggestions along the way. I am so glad we "met" :)
  • NicoleL874
    NicoleL874 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    @jcavanna2 GAH! SIX DAYS! SO EXCITING! Feels almost like a dream at this point, doesn't it? Do your best from here on out. Don't feel like an egg or something a little extra is cheating. The point of the diet is to burn the fat around the liver. As long as you are eating fairly low carb and low fat, you're good. Eggs are perfect. You don't need to pass out now, lol!

At this point I made sure I had plenty of broth and Isopure to last me the first week (my plan was clear liquids for a week) and several cream soups, milk and yogurt for the 2nd and 3rd week (full liquids). I started organizing what I would bring to the hospital, which was way too much, lol! You really just need a bag, the clothes you plan on going in you can come home in, hard soled slippers, chargers and an extension cord to keep them close to my bed so I didn't have to get up. I had also packed headphones for the TV and puzzle books, and never used them. I didn't even bother with PJs, with all the cords, I double gowned it. I did bring my own toothpaste, face soap, lotion, and lip balm. My hospital provided all of it, but I have very sensitive skin, and NEEEEEEEED my own. I have also spoiled myself with what I feel is the best.

Try to relax, keep breathing and trust the process!
  • jcavanna2
    Options
    This is all really helpful. We had friends over this past weekend and not gonna lie - had my 4 oz very lean burger but they made steak so I had maybe 1-2 oz of it and the tiniest crumb of a homemade brownie - I figured I had been sticking to this plan and will continue to do so but really wanted a tiny taste (we're talking if it was .25-.50 oz that's a lot). Not sure how my body will react after surgery to anything so I had that tony morsel. Figured it is nowhere near what I would have eaten before, so I was okay with it. Literally since I started this I have had my 4 oz of lean meat/fish, no sugar or caffeine added to anything, and broth...not really allowed much else except non-starchy vegetables so eating plenty of salad (which for me is lettuce and dressing..lol). I am gonna pack my hospital bag Fri or Saturday. Gonna bring my slippers and chargers for sure!

I can't believe it is right around the corner and just want to get it over with
  • kimberlytedquist
    kimberlytedquist Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Wow what a journey so far you both have been on. Congrats on your fast approaching surgeries. Thank you both for this thread. I can't wait to hear more and see how well you do.
  • jcavanna2
    Options
    Thank you!
  • char_barr
    Options
    :# Coming so soon! I think I've been spot on with preop - but have no energy for exercise between working ft, 2 kids, 1 HR commute each way and prepping to be out of work. Hectic but worth it.

• jcavanna2
    Options
    Agree with you. Spin was definitely exhausting due to pre-op diet. I didn't have the stamina I usually do. I hear ya - my commute to work is about 40 mins driving and 1 1/2 hours home --I would trade my commute to/from NYC in a heartbeat - that was an hour! I also work FT and have 1 kid and 1 dog (soon to be 2), so believe m I hear ya!

At this time next week we will be transforming :)