How do you cope with rude players?

Options

Replies

• TheArchyBunker
    TheArchyBunker Posts: 1,967 Member
    Options
    I play EVE Online. Rude is normally. Get on fleet comms and the FC is raging. Best thing is just remember they are an idiot and dont know *kitten* about *kitten* when it comes to you.
  • bethsapphire
    bethsapphire Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I currently play League of Legends and there is a mute button for the players so you can just stop seeing whatever they type, although when they are on your team this isnt super helpful in regarding to play incase they say something useful to xD
  • jesseg1989
    jesseg1989 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I usually find the mute option and toggle it on.
  • cosmiqrecovery
    cosmiqrecovery Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    in destiny i never turn on my mic to strangers or join group voice chats. people there are pretty chilled out compared to other games i've played. just do your thing and mute them so they can scream into the void instead of your ear.
  • alikonda
    alikonda Posts: 2,358 Member
    Options
    I got pretty tired of the League of Legends community but have been really enjoying Heroes of the Storm. There's no global talk in-game, so there's very little smack talk and I have only VERY rarely encountered someone on my team being a jerk. Everything is a bit more laid-back, which is kinda nice.
  • thehexenbiest
    thehexenbiest Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I'm the same. I struggle with social anxiety, even online, so I don't play many social games. Pretty much just WoW.

How I deal with those players depends on in what way they're being rude. I had a person pretty much stalking me ingame just to keep telling me that my gear sucked, I should get this and that, yadda yadda, but not in a nice and helpful way. I play for the story and love questing, not a big fan of raids, dungeons, etc., so I don't collect gear. They wouldn't accept that, so I just ignored them.

But another time, a group of higher level chars kept camping by a mob that needed to be killed for a quest and they'd kill it every time, so none of us low levels could finish our quests. Those are the situations where I have no problem being the party pooper and reporting them to a DM.
  • megzchica23
    megzchica23 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I have encountered a few rude people in Halo 5. One time these guys told me I was trash. So I just didn't shut up the whole match as was completely annoying. I talked super high pitched and was like, "Oh look at me I'm just a dumb girl couldn't possibly know how to play Halo..." Then I was the second best on our team. One of those guys only got like 1 kill. So I was like, "Whose trash now... suck it."
  • rowlandsw
    rowlandsw Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    I have social anxiety so i have my setting set so only friends and friends of friends can deal with me. Usually in game i just report them for being idiots. This is also why I can't do much in destiny as LFGs scare the hell out of me.
  • megzchica23
    Options
    rowlandsw wrote: »
    I have social anxiety so i have my setting set so only friends and friends of friends can deal with me. Usually in game i just report them for being idiots. This is also why I can't do much in destiny as LFGs scare the hell out of me.

That makes me sad. That is why I never find many gaming friends either. I had tons of friends on WoW ages ago because I never had to voice chat with them. My fiance has like 400 xbox friends. He will just play with people and make new friends all the time. So the only time I play with other people is with him. Otherwise I have to game alone. My stupid brother doesn't play xbox anymore :( and my sister has it but I can't get her to ever play with me.
  • thehexenbiest
    Options
    I had tons of friends on WoW ages ago because I never had to voice chat with them.

Oh god, voice chat! *breathes into paperbag* When I was new to GTA Online, I joined this session with strangers and suddenly they started talking and I just dropped the gamepad and was like O.O Luckily they were some Spanish people and just talking amongst themselves, not expecting me to pitch in.

• rgbmore
    rgbmore Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I currently play League of Legends and there is a mute button for the players so you can just stop seeing whatever they type, although when they are on your team this isnt super helpful in regarding to play incase they say something useful to xD

Yep, I quit League of Legends just because I couldn't take it anymore! When I want to have fun, I don't take criticism or unkindness well :P
  • megzchica23
    Options
    I had tons of friends on WoW ages ago because I never had to voice chat with them.

Oh god, voice chat! *breathes into paperbag* When I was new to GTA Online, I joined this session with strangers and suddenly they started talking and I just dropped the gamepad and was like O.O Luckily they were some Spanish people and just talking amongst themselves, not expecting me to pitch in.

Hahaha! Sometimes on Halo you get guys that barely speak English and you can't even understand them but then they will start going, "Why no talk? Hello? anyone? Talk?" But no one will. Eventually you have to mute them because they never shut up. lol
  • TwistedRider
    TwistedRider Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Rude players? To be honest i just ignore them. If the game has a block function then I avail myself of it's use :)
  • twinkles2121
    twinkles2121 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    rowlandsw wrote: »

Omg, I can soo relate to this, I tried to explain to my husband why I stopped playing GW2, I got stuck, and couldn't continue without help. I'd rather quit than use LFG. I got invited to the same guild my husband is in, just because of association. I had to leave when they gave me a hard time about not being on TS.

But to answer the original question, /ignore. My ignore list in most games is crazy long.
  • rowlandsw
    rowlandsw Posts: 1,166 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Yeah this is a major issue with me and Destiny, I can't get in a group because I don't want to talk. One of them is on but it's like pulling teeth to force myself to talk.
  • thehexenbiest
    Options
    Haha, we all should get on WoW or something and make a social anxiety guild where we do stuff together but never talk. :p
  • orochiwarrior
    orochiwarrior Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    As the saying goes "keep calm and don't feed the troll"
  • WillpowerBurton
    WillpowerBurton Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I either fight fire with logic and/or utter non-sense/hilarious *kitten*, or just instantly mute them. Muting is easier B)
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    I won in this battle a little over a year ago now. I started building a Steam library, bought a PS Vita, and went back to single player RPGs.
  • itsdreday
    itsdreday Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Pwn them repeatedly in game and follow up with a barrage of friendly messages