One year and what I gained

Options
joysie1970
joysie1970 Posts: 415 Member
We all focus so much on our losses, I wanted to take a moment to share what I have gained since my sleeve surgery 4/7/2015....mostly it's freedom if I had to sum it up with one word. I am free to be comfortable moving in my new body, I sit cross legged, I cross my legs, I practice yoga, I am biking, I can do 100 squats a day, I run up stairs....I feel ready to take on almost any challenge - this summer I plan to rappel down a waterfall! I am free to shop anywhere for any damn thing I want! This is exciting and liberating and it's fun to figure out who I am fashionably. I am free from all my previous comorbidities and medications - can I get a hell yeah! I am free to experience and experiment with new foods and recipes within a healthy relationship, don't get me wrong I still make bad choices on occasion but I don't let those derail me it's an event and it's over! I have the freedom to share my victories and love this journey, even the hard parts because I have seen and am thankful for all the gifts it's brought me! One year of wonderful gains...yes I lost over 100lbs, over 67 inches over but what I gained is so much more than just what the numbers show...here's to the gains and loving what surgery gives us!

Replies

• rpyle111
    rpyle111 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Beautifully said!!!!
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Happy surgiversary!! That's awesome!
  • joysie1970
    joysie1970 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Karlottap wrote: »
    Happy surgiversary!! That's awesome!

Thanks! And I wanted to tell you I have weaned myself off pantaprozole! YAY!!!! NO reflux, no gerd, no heartburn...fingers crossed, it's been a week since my last pill and I didn't need to supplement with digestive enzymes...I am HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY!
  • JamesAztec
    JamesAztec Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Well said. Good to see people enjoying the benefits of a healthier body. <3:)
  • 5BeautifulDays
    5BeautifulDays Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Freedom to live is a beautiful gift!
  • relentless2121
    relentless2121 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    So awesome to read of your successes. The surgery is truly a gift.