What gyms do you all go to ?

Options
I'm currently attending UMASS so I am using their gym since it's way cheaper for me as a student prior to that I went to Gold's in Southie and I loved/miss it! It was/is a great gym!

What gyms do you guys go to ? Do you like it? Which ones have the best deals?

Replies

• catsph123
    catsph123 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I go a gym near work in downtown Boston but my work pays for my membership, so even though the gym is not very nice I can't complain and it does the job. I feel like in general YMCA type places or community centers are the best value but may not always be the nicest. If you live in Southie there is a community center that is about 90 bucks per year. I have heard mixed things about it but have never gone in.
  • prn63
    prn63 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am not sure if you have a 'Planet Fitness' near you. But I would recommend that. I go to one on the South Shore. It is only $10.00 a month and there is a yearly 'maintenance fee' of $30. so, it is 150.00 per year. It isn't bad and I go very early in the morning to avoid the crouds. I am not sure what UMASS has to offer, but if you are able to do the circuits that you want and you don't have to wait too long to use the equipment, then I would stay there. Good Luck
  • catcity01
    catcity01 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Im thinking of signing up for planet fittness in quincy next month or the y i don't know yet
  • laurabeth326
    laurabeth326 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I go to the Gold's Gym in Somerville. Lot's of renovations recently and a great women's only workout room. Always plenty of open machines too!
  • ameliaehrens
    ameliaehrens Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Boston Sports Club!
  • morazda
    morazda Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    BHAC in Brighton.
    1372665 Posts: 10
    Options
    Planet Fitness!
  • jamielee2786
    Options
    I'm looking for a new gym too. I was a member of planet fitness before it (very shadily) switched over to "rockin' fitness" downtown. I tried the women's only gym down there for a week but I really like anonymity at the gym, and after my first day, the owner was like "I'll see you tomorrow - right?!" Lady, you don't know my daily schedule!! Blah. Don't like that at all. I've found that peer pressure actually works the opposite way for me - makes me not want to do something, and that I push myself harder when it's just me.
  • Kjadams77
    Kjadams77 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Boston Sports Club
  • morazda
    morazda Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Core Power Yoga, Comm Ave
  • lilbpixie
    lilbpixie Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Wow in Waltham! I love the weight room 2 squat racks and 5 benches plus 3 incline benches! Only $10 a month