Breakfast ideas (tired of oatmeal)

Options
foxygirl14
foxygirl14 Posts: 158 Member
Does anyone have a good breakfast option that isn't oatmeal? I have smoothies sometimes but I find that I'm always hungry soon after, so if you have any filling smoothie ideas that would be great!

Replies

• VeganTankGirl
    VeganTankGirl Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Overnight chia pudding, gives u super energy :) there lots of different recipes online, I use the chocolate one by minimalist baker but I add 30 grams of milled flaxseed to the recipe :) xx
  • kelCshea
    kelCshea Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Do you eat/like tofu? There are tons of good recipes for tofu scramble. Silk & Daiya make vegan yogurts now, and Follow Your Heart even has a vegan egg! I think it's pricey but it could be a good treat every once in awhile!
  • claudiaramos1310
    claudiaramos1310 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I just read of an apple peanut butter smoothie.
  • VeganRaptor
    VeganRaptor Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Frozen bananas- blend with nut butter and cocoa powder or add dates! Make sure it has enough cals to get you through to lunch :)
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    If you look at the website eatthismuch.com, you can choose the vegan option and they will generate a full day's worth of meals based on your calorie and macro requirements. One of the breakfasts I've been having a lot is the banana smoothie, which is 52g banana, 40g dry oatmeal, 8 oz almond milk (I found Orgain, which has 10g protein), 25g protein powder and ice. It's pretty filling, and I have it with a protein latte, which is coffee with 4 oz soy milk and 15g protein powder added to it.
  • foxygirl14
    foxygirl14 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the answers! These ideas sound delicious!:)
  • julianniebananie
    julianniebananie Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I also have an amazing recipe for a cranberry-nut farro porridge if you want it! I love this so much, it's so yummy. It's kind of similar to oatmeal, but I think it's different enough that you'd like it as a change, perhaps. :smile: You can also make it as wet or dry as you'd like. Let me know if you want the recipe, and add me if you'd like!
  • FreeVeg
    FreeVeg Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Sandwich? I love avocado and cucumber + lettuce, a bit salt and lemon pepper. And sweet option - crunchy almond butter with banana and cinnamon.
  • catelee_03
    catelee_03 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I make crustless mini quiche with silken tofu that are great! you can eat the by themselves or make little breakfast burritos with veggies and salsa!
  • rainbowsparklesinthesky
    Options
    I really like a banana with almond butter in the morning. I also like overnight oats (I know your tired of oatmeal, but this is served cold and I feel it taste way different than traditional hot oatmeal), I use the recipe provided by, Oh She Glows.
  • GSMom3
    GSMom3 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My go to breakfast right now - one wrap, 1/4 cup of Trader Joes Refried Black Beans with jalapenos, and a serving of southwestern tofu scramble (recipe at minimalistbaker.com - super simple, super yum). I pair my breakfast burrito with a piece of fruit and I am good until lunch time!
  • canadian_vegan
    canadian_vegan Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    avocado toast! mash 1/2 an avocado with lemon juice and pepper and spread on toast, so good!!!!!
  • claudiaramos1310
    claudiaramos1310 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm made my first smoothie bowl. Nothing to it really. Something new to me and I loved how it came out. So quick. And great because you can add almost anything to it.
  • dmorazzini13
    dmorazzini13 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    This week we ate Ezekiel Cinnamon-Raisin cereal with 1/2 cup each blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, 1 cup of Almond-Coconut milk, coffee with Almond Milk. Today we had Buckwheat pancakes, banana compote, maple syrup, Tofurky breakfast sausages. Tomorrow we're gonna have potato bake with mushrooms, kale, spinach, peppers, onions.
  • bclarke1990
    bclarke1990 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    How can anyone get bored of oatmeal! So many toppings and options :'(

Can make some mean banana pancakes with just bananas/buckwheat flour/cashew milk. I think freelee has a recipe video
  • pattycakes_bakersman
    pattycakes_bakersman Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I made this gluten-free banana bread on Sunday. It's very dense and filling:
    http://minimalistbaker.com/one-bowl-gluten-free-banana-bread/

Also zuchinni muffins are a good make ahead.
    http://ohsheglows.com/2012/08/06/oil-free-chocolate-zucchini-walnut-muffins/

I do overnight oats if I want to add fruit in. The chia seeds are VERY filling.
    http://ohsheglows.com/2015/07/22/vegan-overnight-oats/

For weekends, I like to make a breakfast hash with sweet potatoes, peppers, beans, and tofu scram.