Fear The Walking Dead

Options
_MistahJ_
_MistahJ_ Posts: 5,035 Member
Does anybody else watch the spin-off? I was not overly impressed with the first season though the finale redeemed it, in my opinion.

That being said, I have not been overly impressed with the previews of this season. Of course I'll watch but... I just feel they are wasting some good actors' talent with just mediocre story telling to this point. What are your thoughts?

Replies

• cb2bslim
    cb2bslim Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I didn't care for it. It's more confusing drama than anything. I really thought season one was going to address the downfall of government/military. I thought there were too many "stupid people" moments. I'll try to watch this season but I cannot form any attachment to any of the characters. I was shocked on how many loved the show.
  • serenity1097
    serenity1097 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Can't watch it, there are zombies & no Daryl...just doesn't make sense :p
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    cb2bslim wrote: »
    I didn't care for it. It's more confusing drama than anything. I really thought season one was going to address the downfall of government/military. I thought there were too many "stupid people" moments. I'll try to watch this season but I cannot form any attachment to any of the characters. I was shocked on how many loved the show.

Same here - from the first ep, when I really wanted to slap them all, to even now, still no real attachment to any of them. I think part of it is the "stupid people" moments is that we're so used to Rick and his group now, that it's really hard to watch people who are just clueless about all of it, even though I do realize this is about the beginning! :tongue:

We're still watching, party because we want to give it a chance, and partly because there's nothing else on at the time, so we we watch, for now anyway.
  • looklucklove
    looklucklove Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Eh. The show is OK, but not wonderful, certainly not in the same league as TWD. I will say it's better this season than last season.
  • ELMunque
    ELMunque Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I see Madison more like Andrea, honestly, she annoys me. I like Straind, he's a dick but I like him, Especially after this last episode. We'll see what happens with the zombies in the barn.. I mean the celler. :) I agree that this is no TWD, but I'm going to keep watching in hopes that it will get better. I did enjoy the last episode, you can see all the drama there is to come.
  • cb2bslim
    Options
    I finally started watching this season (only the first 3 episodes so far). I really wished they picked a different family to follow into the zombie apocalypse. I may like Travis if Madison meets her doom. Her character drives me nuts! The kids are coming across smarter at times now.

Overall, I'm being pulled in because I'm hoping it will get better. I'm still sticking with my original comment of it having way too much drama. I really wish it were more like TWD on not like a soap opera.

I just noticed something from the IMDb site. The little short airplane clips that were mixed in with commercials while watching TWD had airplane crash Alex in it. I think I have last season saved on the dvr. I'll have to watch it lol.
  • cb2bslim
    Options
    I finally watched all the episodes. This show is sucking me lol. I still think there is a whole world of stupid still going on but then again, I watch way too many survival shows and communication is key;-) I agree with you @_MistahJ_, that house went up really fast. Just how much wine did they have? lol I was really liking Daniel and felt it was really odd how they had to give you his vague background and then poof.

Also, they need to start making the foreign subtitles a lot bigger. It's bad enough they place it perfectly against a light or busy background. Agh!

I can waffle back and forth on the Chris subject. I missed the part where he didn't save Madison so I'm not sure if I would change my comment if I do see that part, but I felt YES, he's a big pain in the butt but he's also a teenager (crazy hormones). Plus he lost his Mom and then had to drop her into the sea. I think Madison, the adult, should of stepped up to talk with the boy once her daughter told her the news of the walker. Get to the bottom of it and nip it in the bud instead we got OMG your son totally wants to kill me! Why was he in there holding a knife? I don't think he wanted to harm the woman since he mainly went in there to talk to Alicia. I felt he got dealt a bad hand.

So I guess the story will have a split: Team Madison and Team Cutis. lol I'm sure they will all reunite.

Dang this show!! I was hoping to be rid of it ;-)
  • EastCoastPlusForty
    EastCoastPlusForty Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I watched it but its not for me; too boring! I would probably put my money on a near future cancellation because most people don't like it and they need a big audience for that kind of budget.
  • Ashkea76
    Ashkea76 Posts: 7,108 Member
    Options
    It's taken a while for the story to develop, but I'm liking it ok so far, not as much as TWD, but I am to the point where I like it. I like how the concept is different, in a way, that the people of Mexico seem to embrace (in some areas) the dead as a part of the culture. I also like seeing the hotel and some of the other places they made for survival, and the fact that the boat didn't make them any safer, there was risk no matter what. Too bad they didn't make too much of an attempt at staying on that island, that seemed a legit place to survive!! One of my favorite characters, was Ophelia's dad, he was a total badass!!!! He "got it," for the most part. I get really upset with the decisions Madison AND Travis make. The fac that they went their own ways, with their kids, just stupid. You're stronger as a group together, than apart. Nick's ability to morph and be whatever he needs to be, sort of like a strung out Glenn in a way, though that's not quite the correct analogy I'm sure. Glenn is such an amazing character.
  • Ashkea76
    Ashkea76 Posts: 7,108 Member
    Options
    Kind of excited for the crossover of Morgan into Fear The Walking Dead!!!!