Teams 7 & 9 - twice as good!

Options
countrcowgirl
countrcowgirl Posts: 249 Member
Teams 7 & 9 have been combined! Welcome everyone to our new team. I have updated the spreadsheet and changed the name to reflect that we are now one team. Please add yourself to the spreadsheet and start logging those exercise minutes!

Welcome all!

Replies

• vazquezmom7
    vazquezmom7 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Yeah more teammates! Howdy to all from Dallas, TX, USA. I didn't think I would need to add USA but I have made friends from all over the world on here. I am so happy that we are focusing this week on relaxing. I think I over did last week. I really liked the kettleball exercise video, I am seriously looking into buying some home DVD. Looking forward to meeting everyone!!
  • smiphette
    smiphette Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Twice as good, I love it!
  • countrcowgirl
    Options
    And just to clarify on our spreadsheet just scroll to the week we are on and add your name to the list
  • countrcowgirl
    Options
    A little Intro to me.... I live in the Great White North (Canada that is - Northern Alberta to be exact) where we have 18 hours of darkness in winter and 18 hours of light in the summer. So being committed to getting to the gym at 5:30am in snow and -30 the last few months has been an accomplishment! Thank goodness it is spring - yay! I work full time in a career that sees me put in a lot of long hours, have three grown children and a great supportive hubby for going on 25 years.

I have lost 85lbs since August but seem to see more plateaus then progress lately! But I seem quite committed to exercise and 6 days a week in the gym I have been able to maintain.

Looking forward to getting to knowing everyone! Let's go team 79!!!

• countrcowgirl
    Options
    Rise and Shine! Find your greatness!
    http://youtu.be/hbkZrOU1Zag
  • laurab384
    laurab384 Posts: 75 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Thanks Countrcowgirl!

I'm Laura from Toronto, ON, Canada (I'm originally from Buffalo, NY, USA). Currently a stay at home mom to a 4 yo and 6 yo. About 10 years ago I lost 50 lbs (196-145) and have mostly kept it off (even briefly getting down to 135 after my youngest was born). But I've bounced between 140-150 for a while and would like to get down to 130 once and for all.

I love fitness, (my favorite workouts are running, yoga and weight lifting) and I love cooking and experimenting with healthier recipes.

edit: I had a busy day yesterday and haven't had a chance to read the challenges before now but I see one is a yoga video yay!!

Great to meet you all! :)
  • smiphette
    Options
    I am in Seattle. I like running, weightlifting, and yoga. Actually, I hate yoga, but I like the way I feel when I am done. I am trying to get rid of some weight I gained after an injury.

I am very happy to be part of this combined team. I am glad we merged instead of getting eliminated!
  • bigroastdinner
    bigroastdinner Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I am also called Laura, and I am from Cambridge, UK. I have a dull office day job, but in the evenings I teach Zumba which is way more fun! I also enjoying playing badminton and have recently joined a group of people that play table tennis at lunch time to keep active, rather than sitting on our butts all day!

I don't have a lot to lose (for which I am grateful) but am on this site and in this challenge to keep myself accountable for what I eat so that I don't gain too much :)

I am also very happy to have been combined rather than eliminated! Much more enjoyable on the whole :)
  • tfisher678
    tfisher678 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hello additional team members!

I'm Tiffany from Atlanta, GA. I enjoy HIiT, step, and lifting weights, all to DVD's. I am married with 2 kids, all who have very high metabolism's. I don't think they could gain weight if they tried.

Then there is me, which I must say am starting to resemble the rest of my family :) Since this challenge I have went down 1 pant size, hoping to lose 5 more lbs. And tone up after that.

I work, work,work and taxi kids around. Working out is one of the few things I do for myself. That and Kayaking in the summer.

Glad to have this challenge and looking forward to achieving our goals!
  • laurab384
    laurab384 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I am really glad this week is about relaxation! I am having a crazy week (what else is new haha!) it's good to have a reminder to slow down and take time for myself for a few minutes.
  • vazquezmom7
    Options
    I have tried to do the Sleeping video but I find it annoying and boring. I wonder what that says about me? I also hate walking and yoga.

Anywho I hope everyone has a great day! I have 2 sick kids at home and I have a lot of sewing to get to.
  • smiphette
    Options
    If you fall asleep during the meditation, does that count as completing it? :)
  • smiphette
    Options
    I finally made it through the meditation. I am glad we only have to do it once for points. I thought I might relax if he would just stop whispering at me, but no. It was the parts I hate about yoga with none of the stuff I enjoy. I clearly need some physical distraction when trying to find mental stillness.
  • tfisher678
    tfisher678 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I tried the sleeping video last night, it was not my cup of tea either. It may have been the strange male voice in my ear but it definitely didn't help me sleep, instead it put me on edge. His whispering and constant chatting was kinda creepy and weird. Sorry, never again for me.
  • vazquezmom7
    Options
    Sorry Team I do not have a loss and my points were not so good. I think I need to refocus on the prize (My Health and not the scale). I kinda of had a throw in the towel urge. The reason that I don't post my weight weekly is because they have not been good. I really need to understand that no matter how hard I work I can't outrun a bad diet. But This is a NEW week. Yay!!
  • smiphette
    Options
    I am glad you are fighting the urge to throw in the towel! Health is way more important than the scale. You can do it!
    Sorry Team I do not have a loss and my points were not so good. I think I need to refocus on the prize (My Health and not the scale). I kinda of had a throw in the towel urge. The reason that I don't post my weight weekly is because they have not been good. I really need to understand that no matter how hard I work I can't outrun a bad diet. But This is a NEW week. Yay!!

• sukkara
    sukkara Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Sorry for not introducing myself earlier, had a crazy last week.

I'm Sumaya, I work in healthcare and teach at the university. My work takes a lot of my time and I have to take it back home too. I'm preparing for a promotion/tenure which is making work extra crazy. So, sorry if you don't see me popping on the threads more often. But I'm glad I joined this challenge because it's making me accountable, and I'm definitely making better decisions when eating & I'm more active (I was hardly active before). And knowing that my group depends on me too is making me stick to it. I haven't lost much weight, but I have in measurements and the roadblocks have had me trying out different exercises that I wouldn't else have tried.

I'm really glad the both teams are joined! Yep, twice as good :)

• countrcowgirl
    Options
    Hi @sukkara I hear you I am also a University Professor was just named Associate Dean about a month ago... and I am super busy! Hence the spreadsheet only getting updated this morning! Yes the tenure process is grueling.

Take care!
  • countrcowgirl
    Options
    @vazquezmom7 It is definitely disheartening when the scale is not moving.. my body plateaus for two to three weeks now and then drops... it is a depressing cycle at times! Glad you are refocused and motivated! Indeed it is a new week!
  • countrcowgirl
    Options
    Sorry I am late getting this weeks spreadsheet information up, but it is there now. Busy day at work yesterday did not get home until late.

Let's rock this week folks!!!