Looking for MFP mom friends!

Options
nblandry
nblandry Posts: 10 Member
Hi! I'm new to MFP but am on a roll, logging for over 2 weeks now. I'm 37, and had baby #2 in October last year. I have about 8-10 pds to go until pre-pregnancy weight. The last part is the hardest, and I could use some motivation- and I'm a great cheerleader too! :)

Thanks!
Nicole

Replies

• ptsmiles
    ptsmiles Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm 38, mom of two boys(8,11). I have about 50lbs to lose. My first goal is to get to onderland. I'm about 4lbs away.
  • CourtneySwore
    CourtneySwore Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, Mom of three here. I am 33 and this is my 67th consecutive day logging. The goal is to lose 50 lbs and I'm down 29 total as of today! This app is a miracle for me. I've YOYO'd my whole adult life and this is honestly the first time I've lost the weight and kept with it. I feel like I need to start getting more motivated to the exercise portion of my loss now, so here's to getting started with that! :smile:
  • MrsVBecks
    MrsVBecks Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Nice to meet you ladies :) Love seeing how you all are making progress. I've been a MFP member off and on. After a few years break - I'm back. here's my story:

I've been up and down with my weight through most of my life. I'm now at the heaviest I've been. I have about 75 to 80 lbs to lose. Since it's a huge amount, I'm just focusing on 10 lbs at this point.

I used to be more active/fit however it's been about 2 years. I had a baby in May 2015. I scaled back my workouts to walking and some elliptical when I was pregnant. It's been hard to find the time to be active once I returned back to work. Ironically I gained 40 lbs while being pregnant and lost 32 of it. I slowly started gaining it back after I stopped nursing and went back to work :(

I decided to come back to MFP so I can track what I'm eating. This time I decided to keep my diary open to friends so I can have some accountability. This week I decided to give the 21 day fix a try. It's coming in next week. I've been leery of the "fad diets" in the past. However I did research it and it looks like it's more about helping you create better habits. God knows I need it. With a busy schedule (working full time, an 11 month old and 2 stepsons - ages 12 and 14); I'm not able to devote an hour at the gym. So I'm excited about getting our downstairs bedroom set up as a workout room.

Anyhow, please add me a friend if you want company on this journey!
  • sewp80
    sewp80 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi There! I am new to MFP and I am looking to find support and maybe just feel understood... sometimes I feel very isolated being a first time mom and having weight to loose so I am happy to have some friends to add :)
  • amandamoore6912
    amandamoore6912 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!! I am a 27 year old mom of two boys! I have a 2.5 year old and a 3 month old! I'm trying to lose this baby weight. I have about 14.5lbs to lose to get back to pre-pregnancy weight and then about 40lbs to lose to get to a healthy weight range! One step at a time for me! I'm trying to be easy on myself with a newborn but I just want this weight gone! I'm happy to be in a support group! :smile:
  • jmcdonald2011
    jmcdonald2011 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    i hello. i am back at this after being MIA for many months. i am 41 mom of 3 (18, 8, & 7) i didn't gain back much of what i had lost before. but i still have a ways to go :)

feel free to add me
  • ProjectYummyMummy
    ProjectYummyMummy Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'm also looking for new MFP friends. I'm a 34 year old mom of 2 boys. I have already sent some of you FR. Hope to chat soon!
  • tamishascolyer
    tamishascolyer Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am recently also new to MFP and only found these groups today. I am a mum of 4 boys (9, 5, 2, 1) and have put on so much weight since having my first. Its time for me to kick this weight in the bum once and for all.

Feel free to add me :-)
  • MrsVBecks
    MrsVBecks Posts: 32 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    oops.. I realized I already posted here.

• catisland21
    catisland21 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've been on and off MFP... I am mom to 2 boys (4,2) and been slowly gaining ever since the first pregnancy (got within a few lbs of my 1st pre-pregnancy weight, then gained 10+lbs in 3 months when I stopped breastfeeding). Finally started trying to take care of me - found an awesome place to take fitness classes and now working on the food portion.
    Feel free to add me :)
  • CaitlinS311
    CaitlinS311 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi there mamas! I am a full time working mom of 2 daughters (4 and 6) and am just stepping back on the course to lose about 20 pounds. Been on and off MFP for years but nothing regular. The only real success I had in losing weight was with WW but that was before kids and it doesn't feel like the right fit for me now. I don't know about you all be I am very disciplined during the day and then in the evening it all goes to *kitten* when I am eating a little here and there off of my daughters plates (can't leave cheesy pasta uneaten!!!). My friend calls it being a "momnivore". I've been stressed out recently because my weight has gone up about 5-6 pounds since before Xmas and I have never had holiday weight gain like that. I think it is due to a medication that I was taking for sleep but I'm off that now and am hoping to get back to a more stabilized weight. I'm also trying to get my butt to the gym 2-3 times a week with the kids (thank you kidsclub daycare at the gym) but we're only just starting that new routine. Sooooo, this is all familiar and yet new again as I try to lose weight and make healthy choices while in the hurricane of motherhood. Would love to have some friends on here or a forum to join so if you feel like being buds, add me :)
  • BL3SS3DFITN3SS
    BL3SS3DFITN3SS Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Nice to meet you all... I have FOUR little ones: 7,6,3 years old and 6 day old :-) I'm on a mission to get back to my goal weight of 170lbs, and I'm currently in the 200s. I'm hoping with breastfeeding, the new Fitbit we just ordered, watching my foods and exercising (once I'm cleared to do so) will help me reach that goal. I'd love to have more mommy friends on here! Send me invite!! :-)
  • LadyGelly
    LadyGelly Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi! Mother of 3 (20, 4, and 2yrs) and I need to lose 30lbs. It wasn't as hard for me with the first or second, and I think it is because I was only taking care of one small child. Now that there are 2, I am finding it hard to make time to workout. Between work, school and my kids, I am wiped out day after day. I literally go to bed at 8pm every night. I don't know how I can shake this up, but I need to drop some weight.
  • cindylou234
    cindylou234 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'm a 34 yo SAHM of two. My youngest is only 7 weeks! Both babies were c sections.

I did well this time and didn't put on hardly any weight this pregnancy, but I was overweight to start!

I'm trying to drop at least 60lbs. Currently I'm nursing so I know I can't restrict my calories but so much. Looking to go slow and steady.

Would love to find some friends on here. Feel free to add me!
  • Scorpio8402
    Scorpio8402 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I'm 31 and have 2 little girls. They are 13 months old and 8 weeks old. Trying to get back on track and think maybe having some accountability will help me. Feel free to add me too :)
  • sassyclass82
    sassyclass82 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    New mom to a baby girl in January. I am sooo ready to drop this weight. Feel free to add me!
  • hlapinski
    hlapinski Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, fellow Moms! I'm a 37-year-old mom of 3 with at least 20 pounds to lose. I've been on and off mfp for years. This time around I am seriously struggling with sticking to anything. I begin the day highly motivated, but at some point in the day I give up and eat junk. I'm looking for a community for support. Feel free to add me
  • AnneU93
    AnneU93 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 23 and my son is 5 months. I put on 33kg (72lb) during pregnancy and still need to lose 8kg (17lb) before being back at pre-pregnancy weight :)
    Would love som mom-friends on MFP, So feel free to add me :-)
  • crystald86_
    crystald86_ Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 30 and a mom to my two kids who are 3 and 1. Always looking for new mom friends. Feel free to add me.
  • Veeedot
    Veeedot Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 26 and mum of two boys (7+2) and due to have a baby girl in 19 days :smiley: I already had weight to lose before pregnancy so i've got quite a journey ahead of me. :sweat: Anyone feel free to add me to :smile: