Didn't count steps

Options
AlexBoBalex79
AlexBoBalex79 Posts: 99 Member
When I push my stroller I move my fitbit to my pants- usually my back pocket or front pocket. Today I put it in my waist since I did not have any. When I got back from my 2 mile walk there were no steps counted. :( I am assuming it's because it was in my waist and not in a pocket. ALSO- this morning I charged the fitbit but tracked my steps on my iphone. I logged the steps in but they are not showing up in the step count (are they supposed to?).

I can estimate 2,000 steps per mile- how can I make them count in todays log?

Replies

• mweckler
    mweckler Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I was in Disney for a week pushing a stroller most of the time. It tracked my steps, I would also push the stroller with the arm that was not wearing the fitbit. You can go in and manually add your steps, or look at a past day where it tracked your steps and guess that the steps are close and add them as well.
  • AlexBoBalex79
    Options
    Like I said, I had already added my morning steps manualy and although it shows in the log,it is not part of my step count.

I'll try again with the stroller and see if it tracks. I can't push with one hand because I have a quad stroller and it is very heavy.
  • AlexBoBalex79
    Options
    Update: My step count went all the way down t0 1996 steps. Now I think there's something wrong with it. I didn't mention that it did this already in the AM. I had forgotten about it.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    What's considered manually added steps don't add to the step count that is used for comparison to others - because too easy to cheat in challenges.

But you should still be able to see that different step count on say your Log - activities section.

Did you get the time of the workout record correct, so your stats replaced what sounds like nothing?
    If you replaced other block with valid steps, would have lost extra.

That's strange though it didn't pick up the hip - since that's where many non-wrist devices are intended to go.

May have to do with sensitivity settings that are needed when wrist worn, not so great when hip worn.
  • AlexBoBalex79
    Options
    Update: My brand new- 5 day in-- charge, went kaput. It kept resetting my steps to 1991. I called customer service and they are sending me a new one. We tried resetting, resyncing, and other things but it does not work. At one point I had reset it and my step count was at 0. When I resynced it jumped up to 1991. It will also jump back to 1991, for some reason it likes that number. So sad.
  • HeatherScent37
    HeatherScent37 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    When I realized my Charge wasn't counting steps while I am pushing a grocery cart, I started attaching it to my shoelaces. I've heard some people put it on their ankles, but my band is too small for that.