Did anyone feel dizzy when getting up post op?

Options
jcavanna2
jcavanna2 Posts: 782 Member
Was wondering if any of you felt slightly dizzy when getting up out of bed post op? I got home from the hospital last night and became dizzy...not sure if it's because I don't have fluids coming into/out of my body outside of water or a lack of nutrition.

Replies

• NicoleL874
    NicoleL874 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    It's probably a bit of both. Make sure you keep sipping! I set a time for every few minutes, then gradually increased the time as I got better at remembering. There are still times I pull it out to remind myself to drink!
  • jcavanna2
    Options
    Ok thanks...made sugar free fruit punch with unflavored protein..feeling a little better
  • curlykimmie
    curlykimmie Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am glad you are feeling better. Keep drinking.
  • jcavanna2
    Options
    Thank you!!!! Looking forward to being able I have full liquids and blenderized food next week. A nurse from Aetna thinks I am dizzy because of the anesthesia and said if it doesn't stop within a week to call my doctor. Hoping that the pain subsides tomorrow or Friday...
  • char_barr
    char_barr Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Feel better!
  • jcavanna2
    Options
    Thanks! How are you feeling?
  • char_barr
    char_barr Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I am doing good! Got a full nights sleep last night, which was AMAZING! I haven't had to take any pain killers since Tues night in the hospital, so I am definitely on the mend. Might need one tonight after a full day today - I got the kids breakfast, ready for school, lunches made, and out the door this morning. And I have been working online off and on since then. I have a few appts this afternoon, and a call in meeting. So I am sure i will be beat at the end of the day!!

• jcavanna2
    Options
    Glad you are feeling better! I start logging on from home this Monday..been walking around quite a bit - and I took a dose of pain meds at 2 am..been waking up about every 2 hours but I may not take any more pain meds so definitely a good sign! :)
  • jadegem_2002
    jadegem_2002 Posts: 101 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Yes the first day or two days and it was horrible. And I was nauseated
  • jcavanna2
    Options
    Hope you are feeling better!