Exaggerated calorie adjustments

Options
Howl2013
Howl2013 Posts: 32 Member
Over the last few days MFP/Fitbit have been giving me way exaggerated calorie adjustments. Yesterday I got less than 7000 steps and a calorie adjustment of -577. Way higher than historically. I might get 150-200 for that. I've noticed that the last couple of days.

Any ideas? I haven't changed any of my settings on either of them.

Replies

• judimaes
    judimaes Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    This started on Wed for me, way over exaggerated. It showed -10763 adjustment. Still doing today 4/21/2016. Glad to know not the only one.
  • NancyN795
    NancyN795 Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    Check the math MFP is using to calculate your adjustment. (Go to the exercise page and click on the little 'i' next to the adjustment.) I've had intermittent problems with this. When it happens to me, I have two adjustments instead of one. One won't show me the math and can't be deleted. The other one will show me the math but the MFP calories burned number is wrong. I sent some screen shots to MFP customer support last week but I have been too busy to follow up.
  • CoachJen71
    CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Happened to me too. I just delete the one that I can and live with being wrong for that day or two. (I figure that intuitive eaters who don't use tech devices to balance their lives make it all work out somehow, and that for a few days I can too. It's annoying and unsettling for me, but I am trying to learn to relax about it.)
  • NancyN795
    NancyN795 Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    I reported the problem to MFP about a week or so ago. They asked for some additional information, but the message was sort of boilerplate so I didn't give it a high priority (I'd given them screen shots already) and didn't get around to responding. Yesterday they sent a message saying they thought they'd fixed it (I didn't see the email until this morning - I'm really behind on email) but I had it happen to me again yesterday, so I sent a reply telling them that.

It's really frustrating. I can go in and manually calculate what the adjustment should be, but don't know of a way to fix it since MFP is adding exercise calories that aren't there to the MyFitnessCalories Burned number. Instead, I fall back to using Fitbit's calories remaining number instead of MFP's. It doesn't work well early in the day, but that isn't when I generally have a problem. Later in the day, it's pretty close to what MFP would tell me.