Off to Rome Tomato Challenge.

Options
Melodieccurn
Melodieccurn Posts: 966 Member
This is where you can post your challenge on tomatoes and how you added them more to your diet. It can be trying a new recipe or how you added them to your diet. The goal is three times this week.

Replies

• bm1409
    bm1409 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Day 1: Had a salad with tomatoes in it. (I know, not that original)
  • lbenson2006
    lbenson2006 Posts: 3,372 Member
    Options
    Day 1: Threw together some cucumbers, grape tomatoes, and some light Olive Garden dressing. Yummy!!
  • dtplow
    dtplow Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Day 1: had tomatoes with my poached eggs
  • hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    Day One: First restaurant food since race began! Had some awesome salsa with fresh tomatoes! :)
  • enuf2
    enuf2 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Day 1 - grape tomatoes along with other raw veggies in my lunch.
  • bm1409
    Options
    Day 2 - homemade soup with tomatoes in it.
  • lbenson2006
    lbenson2006 Posts: 3,372 Member
    Options
    Day 2 - Chopped up some grape tomatoes and added to some whole grain rice. It wasn't bad but didn't add too much. I might do it again if I am trying to use up some of these tomatoes but wouldn't go out of my way to add them. I also ate some of them by themselves and with cucumbers with no dressing of any kind and that wasn't too bad. I could see myself doing that again. Especially since the dressings I would normally put on them have a lot of sodium.
  • sandkp
    sandkp Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Picked up a really nice container of cherry tomatoes today and had them with my salad at lunch. They will be there the rest of the week just because but I'm doing three different things with them to make this count!
  • vazquezmom7
    vazquezmom7 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Not as original but had pasta with tomato sauce yesterday. I don't like tomatoes that much but my husband loves them. On Saturday I am going to make a recipe I saw a long time ago. Tomato slices with mozzarella cheese melted in oven. Will post picture.
  • JagZag
    JagZag Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Monday- salad
    Tuesday- salad and gnocchi with chicken and red sauce
  • farmerpam1
    farmerpam1 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Tonight I had tomato sauce with broccoli slaw instead of pasta. Very filling.
    Yesterday was salad with tomatoes, I know, not too original.
  • 120maggie
    120maggie Posts: 4,942 Member
    Options
    Added some Cherub tomatoes into the pan when when I was sauteing tilapia in Pam spray and lime juice. I roll the tilapia in flour, garlic powder, lemon pepper, Old bay seasoning, and orange peel. Added a little favor and lots of color. Next time I might saute spinach and the tomatoes together, then cook the fish.
  • celtikgirl
    celtikgirl Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    First tomato sandwich of the year!
  • shauna30
    shauna30 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    I made stuffed shells and snuck in spinach and blended cauliflower into the filing then topped them with a red sauce. My family didn't even notice the extra veggies!
  • bm1409
    Options
    Day 3 - egg omelet with kale & tomatoes.
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Tomatoes in spaghetti sauce, raw tomatoes on the side (with cucumber and green pepper) and raw tomatoes in my lunch salad today. Huzzah!!! :smiley:
  • tmn2016
    tmn2016 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Had yellow and red grape tomatoes as a snack. The yellow or "zuma" tomatoes r delicious!
  • SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    Had a lovely ripe cherry tomato. Sinus headache n hayfever kicked in 20 mins later. This human guinea pig is trying to find the cause of her hay fever like reaction to some foods. Doctor suspects is an intollerance to histammines. You guessed it, tomatoes have a lot, particularly ripe ones. Cooked should reduce the histammine levels so will try that later in week. Viva la Roma!
  • obxsrfrgrl
    obxsrfrgrl Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Day 1: Salsa
    Day 2: Cherry Tomatoes on Brie & Prosciutto Panini
    Day 3: Tomato Sauce over Pasta
  • mswanger09
    mswanger09 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Tomatoes in my soup for lunch for 3 days, Tomatoes on my pizza and tomatoes in my salsa.