My new Grandbaby!

Kareesdiet
Kareesdiet Posts: 82 Member
Sooooo since no one started a discussion I thought I would. I live in So. Ca and tomorrow I will be flying to Tenessee to be with my baby... While she has her first baby. She is a week overdue and they will induce her on Wednesday. I'm so excited and a little nervous as well. I will try my best to stay on top of logging in and my diet but these are going to be some tough on the diet days ahead!

Replies

• fwitsend1277
    fwitsend1277 Posts: 288 Member
    Wow that's super exciting! Hope everything goes well xx
  • Iamsimpleguy
    Iamsimpleguy Posts: 1,576 Member
    Congratulations @Kareesdiet Have a great journey!! live the moment and love those moments!!
  • Kareesdiet
    Okay got to airport 2 hours early like they said. Now trying to stay away from the food court with nothing to do! Soooo hard. Doing my best though!
  • mitsimr
    mitsimr Posts: 194 Member
    Congrats on the new grandbaby. If you find yourself wanting food treat yourself to something else instead. A manicure perhaps, long hot bath, a new book (perfect traveling treat).
  • karenenriquez1225
    karenenriquez1225 Posts: 98 Member
    Stay strong, Grandma. Drink lots of water, it will help with hunger.
  • stesig13
    stesig13 Posts: 247 Member
    omg!!! so so happy for you and your daughter! It was nerve wrecking for me when my baby girl gave birth to my grandbaby, but when i saw my newborn grandbaby i felt like i was the happiest woman on a planet! i adore my children but that incredible overwelming love that i am feeling towards this amazing child is nothing that i felt before! so happy for you! please keep me posted and msg me how everything will go. and just relax about food , i am sure you will not eat a lot. YOUR LOVE WILL BE OVERWELMING!!
  • jaxbella14
    jaxbella14 Posts: 40 Member
    Congratulations on the new grandbaby! Enjoy every minute of your time with them both! My daughter has 2 little girls and 2 months ago gave birth to twin boys! Good luck with trying to stay motivated on staying on track - but you can do it!
  • Kareesdiet
    Thank you all for your kind words! They just induced her and we were told this could take two days! Agggghhhhhh!!!! Oh well here I sit and the vending machine is across the hall calling me! Hahahaj
  • stesig13
    time will pass fast, trust me, i was waiting too for a long time. Drink more, it will help yo feel fuller and its good for you! i am with you!
  • Kareesdiet
    You said drink more. I'm ready for a stiff one! Haha
  • blackbutterfly318
    blackbutterfly318 Posts: 28 Member
    A new grandbaby! How exciting! Enjoy every moment! :)
  • stesig13
    I am waiting for good news ❤️
  • Kareesdiet
    Baby Hudson Mark born 4/21/16 weighs 9 lbs 5 oz. long story on my profile but all is good in the end! ❤️
  • jaxbella14
    jaxbella14 Posts: 40 Member
    Congratulations!!! Yeah!
  • cynbet69
    cynbet69 Posts: 615 Member
    Kareesdiet wrote: »
    Baby Hudson Mark born 4/21/16 weighs 9 lbs 5 oz. long story on my profile but all is good in the end! ❤️

congrats
  • SimplySmylin
    SimplySmylin Posts: 66 Member
    Congratulations!
  • stesig13
    so so happy!!!congratulations and best wishes!
  • hoovhome
    hoovhome Posts: 192 Member
    Vending machines are purveyors of puke. LOL.

By this time, the baby is likely here. Congratulations and best wishes on the beginning of the best journey of your life. :smiley: We adore our 9 grandbabies and wish we had more time with each of them.
  • agingwithfitness
    agingwithfitness Posts: 1,404 Member
    Congrats! Grandkids are fun, you get to love and cuddle and give advice and none of the hard stuff! Both of my daughters have 2 kids so I have 4. All older now from 8-18. I see lots of air miles in your future!