Let's introduce ourselves , calling each other by real name. Or you would prefer to be anonymous.

Options

Replies

• stesig13
    stesig13 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    We will progress! No matter what!
  • Brolivia3D
    Brolivia3D Posts: 80 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Hi friends! My name is Olivia, I'm 25, 5'6", used to be in stupidly good shape, and I recently moved across the country for a new job. I lived in NM for 3 years working at a copper mine as a metallurgist and I'm now in WI working at a paper mill as a process engineer. I put on a lot of weight at the mine to the point a few coworkers asked me about it outside of work to see if everything was okay. Now that's a hell of a wake-up call. Gained/lost doing all the stuff that's bad for you, and I knew was bad for me, but I'm in a better place (both physically and mentally), and looking to drop the weight and be an athlete again.

Started out somewhere around 200lbs (probably higher, I avoided mirrors and scales for awhile), at 185lbs, and looking to get to 160lbs. No time frame, really, I don't need that added pressure on myself. I am planning on doing my first half marathon this fall though! I'm also working my way towards a full blown vegetarian diet. I'm at about 80% right now, mostly because stuffed crust buffalo chicken pizza is just so freaking good, hah.

Let's everyone kick *kitten*, take names, and get to our goals in a healthy and safe manner!
  • BelleCakes2018
    BelleCakes2018 Posts: 568 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Right then! Call me Belle.. I am 32, 5ft5 and currently weigh 204lbs. I hit my highest about 13 years ago at 218lb.. I managed to lose it all right down to my lowest adult weight at 140lb.. I would love to be there again.. Over my late 20's to now I have varied from about 160lb to 180lb but due to meds and having to be inactive.. I almost reached my largest ever again a few months ago.

I have already lost 8lb in 3 weeks so I am well on the way, but know it's a long haul and not looking forward to having to do it all over again as i've done it so many times before... <sob>

I AM looking forward to getting back into all my clothes again, feeling confident, more energetic, happier...and last but quite important - getting up the stairs without my knees giving way.. lol (Not good for someone in their early 30's)
    I'm glad to be joining what looks to be a very supportive group - well done Stella!!
  • blackbutterfly318
    blackbutterfly318 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi all!! My name is Samantha and I am 43 years old, 5"2, and 152 pounds. My goal is to be toned and fit and weigh somewhere between 125 - 130 pounds. I'm really excited about being in this group because I can use all the help and support I can get. I have absolutely noone is my immediate circle who is on a journey to a healthier lifestyle. I feel alone sometimes in my journey so these groups are everything to me. Let's crush these goals and get ready to be summertime fine!! :D
  • stesig13
    Options
    Awesome!!!
  • gdavis34655
    gdavis34655 Posts: 18 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Gary
  • Brolivia3D
    Brolivia3D Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    @TooShortForThisWeight We'll help you out! We're all here for you and to keep you on track :D
  • kimc7511
    kimc7511 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Sorry everyone. I'm still trying to figure out his website. I'm Kim from Indianapolis. I'm 40 (yikes! When did that happen!) and I'm not only trying to loose weight but I also want to gain a healthier lifestyle. I was recently diagnosed with diabetes and this has been an eye opener. I'm wishing everyone a wonderful week ahead and positive vibes to you. Stay strong. We are in this together!
  • stesig13
    Options
    kimc7511 wrote: »
    Sorry everyone. I'm still trying to figure out his website. I'm Kim from Indianapolis. I'm 40 (yikes! When did that happen!) and I'm not only trying to loose weight but I also want to gain a healthier lifestyle. I was recently diagnosed with diabetes and this has been an eye opener. I'm wishing everyone a wonderful week ahead and positive vibes to you. Stay strong. We are in this together!

Hi Kim, I am so happy that you are here with us, you are a very positive person and you are willing to participate in any group discussions or giving all nice comments! I believe in karma , so your life is beautiful no matter what bc you deserve it!
    And what's 40? Kids age
    I will b 60 in a month and idk how I will deal with it. Don't want to say like everybody says"what's 60? It's new 50" bull crap, it's not! But I think I will feel better about myself when those extra pounds will be gone.
  • stesig13
    Options
    327419mpo0lg23bj.gif
    I am Jessica from eastern North Carolina. I am 31 years old and feel so much older. I swear my hip and wrist joints predict the rain by being in pain a day before. Le sigh. I am a homemaker but looking for a job. I head back into nursing program in January.

I am 4ft and 11in and started this as 187.1 in March. That was the highest I have ever been. Was out of breath just walking to class.

600036c2kebrlx1y.gif

I am currently 171.5.
    Starting BMI: 37.8
    Current BMI: 34.6
    Goal BMI: 24.2

Starting BMI: 37.8 Class 2 (moderate-risk) obesity
    Current BMI: 34.6 Class 1 (low-risk) obesity

I lift a lot as well though so I know I have lost a lot more, but gained muscle. My one goal is a squat booty, since I currently had a pancake behind. No jeans ever looked right because it sagged in the rear area. I am currently squatting 80lb

Overall goal is 120. But I have set up mini goals to keep me going
    ✓ Get to the 170s (met 3/24/16)
    Get to the 160s
    Get to 165 by Mother's Day on May 8th
    Get to the 150s
    Get to 155 by 4th of July
    Get to the 140s
    Get to 145 by Halloween
    Get to the 130s
    Get to 135 by Valetines 2017
    Get to the 120s
    Get to 125 by Easter 2017
    Get to 120 by 4th of July 2017

I also measure though so I do not get discouraged by the scale. I do that on a month. April 14th I was as follows

Body Fat: 28%
    Current Body Fat: 27%
    Goal Body Fat: 20%

Starting Waist: 46 inches
    Current Waist: 43.5 inches

Starting Chest: 41.9 inches
    Current Chest: 40 inches

Starting Hips: 44 inches
    Current Hips: 42 inches

Starting Thighs: 25 inches
    Current Thighs: 23 inches

Starting Boobs: 47.4 inches
    Current Boobs: 45

Starting Neck: 15.8 inches
    Current Neck: 15 inches

Starting Wrist: 6.8 inches
    Current Wrist: 6.4

Battle ropes and arc trainer are my new loves. I really want to feel good in my body. I want to get family pics done for the first time. As of now, I take the pictures. I want to feel okay naked. 12 years with my husband and I still undress in another room and shirt never comes off for...well..yeah.

Do not let me fall off. Please! Last time I did this I went from 182 to 149, and then I just slowly let it all fade away and now bigger than ever. I loved pizza and mt dew than my health :(

Oh no, we will not let you fall and you know why?
    BC YOU WILL NOT LET YOU FALL!
    I see an amazing determination in you and I can tell you for sure, you will persevere!
    If you need extra help you can always count on me and privately msg me.
  • stesig13
    Options
    Right then! Call me Belle.. I am 32, 5ft5 and currently weigh 204lbs. I hit my highest about 13 years ago at 218lb.. I managed to lose it all right down to my lowest adult weight at 140lb.. I would love to be there again.. Over my late 20's to now I have varied from about 160lb to 180lb but due to meds and having to be inactive.. I almost reached my largest ever again a few months ago.

I have already lost 8lb in 3 weeks so I am well on the way, but know it's a long haul and not looking forward to having to do it all over again as i've done it so many times before... <sob>

I AM looking forward to getting back into all my clothes again, feeling confident, more energetic, happier...and last but quite important - getting up the stairs without my knees giving way.. lol (Not good for someone in their early 30's)
    I'm glad to be joining what looks to be a very supportive group - well done Stella!!

So happy you here, it will be easier to go with you through this long journey/battle. Hand in hand, we will walk the stairs, we will do everything we need to do to make us feel strong!
    I need to work on bending and getting up from the floor, not so easy right now.
    May b we have to think of some private couple of people challenge of ( not so easy for us) but so easy for everybody else exercises.
  • stesig13
    Options
    mitsimr wrote: »
    Hi my name is Mitsi. I am 32 years old. I am (deep intake of breath) 219.4 lbs and my first goal is to get to 200. I can't wait to get to know everyone and to cheer you on as we hash all this out together.
    Hi Mitsi!
    So happy you here
  • cynbet69
    cynbet69 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    hi my name is cynthia im 5ft1in i started in jan. 2016 at 242 right now im at 227.8 im looking forward to working with all you lovely people
  • Kareesdiet
    Kareesdiet Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hi Cynthia and WELCOME!!! I'm Karee
  • Iamsimpleguy
    Iamsimpleguy Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    All the best folks, Always be postive dont last hope and remember success doest not have a straight line. Active here we support and motivate each other.
  • gdavis34655
    Options
    stesig13 wrote: »
    327419mpo0lg23bj.gif
    I am Jessica from eastern North Carolina. I am 31 years old and feel so much older. I swear my hip and wrist joints predict the rain by being in pain a day before. Le sigh. I am a homemaker but looking for a job. I head back into nursing program in January.

I am 4ft and 11in and started this as 187.1 in March. That was the highest I have ever been. Was out of breath just walking to class.

600036c2kebrlx1y.gif

I am currently 171.5.
    Starting BMI: 37.8
    Current BMI: 34.6
    Goal BMI: 24.2

Starting BMI: 37.8 Class 2 (moderate-risk) obesity
    Current BMI: 34.6 Class 1 (low-risk) obesity

I lift a lot as well though so I know I have lost a lot more, but gained muscle. My one goal is a squat booty, since I currently had a pancake behind. No jeans ever looked right because it sagged in the rear area. I am currently squatting 80lb

Overall goal is 120. But I have set up mini goals to keep me going
    ✓ Get to the 170s (met 3/24/16)
    Get to the 160s
    Get to 165 by Mother's Day on May 8th
    Get to the 150s
    Get to 155 by 4th of July
    Get to the 140s
    Get to 145 by Halloween
    Get to the 130s
    Get to 135 by Valetines 2017
    Get to the 120s
    Get to 125 by Easter 2017
    Get to 120 by 4th of July 2017

I also measure though so I do not get discouraged by the scale. I do that on a month. April 14th I was as follows

Body Fat: 28%
    Current Body Fat: 27%
    Goal Body Fat: 20%

Starting Waist: 46 inches
    Current Waist: 43.5 inches

Starting Chest: 41.9 inches
    Current Chest: 40 inches

Starting Hips: 44 inches
    Current Hips: 42 inches

Starting Thighs: 25 inches
    Current Thighs: 23 inches

Starting Boobs: 47.4 inches
    Current Boobs: 45

Starting Neck: 15.8 inches
    Current Neck: 15 inches

Starting Wrist: 6.8 inches
    Current Wrist: 6.4

Battle ropes and arc trainer are my new loves. I really want to feel good in my body. I want to get family pics done for the first time. As of now, I take the pictures. I want to feel okay naked. 12 years with my husband and I still undress in another room and shirt never comes off for...well..yeah.

Do not let me fall off. Please! Last time I did this I went from 182 to 149, and then I just slowly let it all fade away and now bigger than ever. I loved pizza and mt dew than my health :(

Oh no, we will not let you fall and you know why?
    BC YOU WILL NOT LET YOU FALL!
    I see an amazing determination in you and I can tell you for sure, you will persevere!
    If you need extra help you can always count on me and privately msg me.

• gdavis34655
    Options
    I like the short term goals. It really helps with the motivation. You will do this!
  • SimplySmylin
    SimplySmylin Posts: 66 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Hi Eveyone. I'm Tina. I am 40 years old and am about 5'6. I began my journey...again...this past Tuesday (4/19). I started at 292.5 (Ugh) and as of yesterday, weighed 286.5. This is very difficult for me to say. I need to get past the shame of being in my 250's a year ago, and here I am now. My first goal is 267.5. That will be 25 pounds. My overall goal is 150. I look forward to getting to know everyone and being here for support during your journey.
  • JesusMyKingMyLord
    JesusMyKingMyLord Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello all! My name is Taneil. I will be 30 May 3rd and am a mother of 2 (wanting more