How late do you guys quit eating?

Options
AmberNew16
AmberNew16 Posts: 59 Member
Since starting mfp, I haven't been eating past 8. I ate at 10:30 last night because I was hungry after work. I felt so tired this morning :s Has anyone had similar experiences?

Replies

• ressapowell
    ressapowell Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I stop eating after dinner. Starting the day with a good amount of healthy carbs such as 1 cup of oatmeal and cinnamon typically helps.
  • foubuc
    foubuc Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've been only drinking water with real lemons in it after supper. (For flavor, It's like drinking lemonade but with no sugar) I can sometime substitute for green tea with ginger. I feel keeping myself constantly consuming low (zero) calorie things with no artifical flavors or sugars help me combat hunger cravings at night. It is important that you do not go to sleep with food in your stomach because when your metabolism slows down when sleeping, any leftover food which is not needed by your body will be converted into fat. It takes a few days to get over the urges to snack after supper, but if you stick to it for more than a few days, you completely loose the hunger feelings after only a few days. Good Luck.
  • AmberNew16
    Options
    foubuc wrote: »
    I've been only drinking water with real lemons in it after supper. (For flavor, It's like drinking lemonade but with no sugar) I can sometime substitute for green tea with ginger. I feel keeping myself constantly consuming low (zero) calorie things with no artifical flavors or sugars help me combat hunger cravings at night. It is important that you do not go to sleep with food in your stomach because when your metabolism slows down when sleeping, any leftover food which is not needed by your body will be converted into fat. It takes a few days to get over the urges to snack after supper, but if you stick to it for more than a few days, you completely loose the hunger feelings after only a few days. Good Luck.

I had only been eating until 8 for about 12 days. Last night was the first late food I had because someone cooked for me and had it waiting. It was kind of a guilt meal lol I felt it this morning though
  • WifiresGettingFit
    WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    AmberNew16 wrote: »
    Since starting mfp, I haven't been eating past 8. I ate at 10:30 last night because I was hungry after work. I felt so tired this morning :s Has anyone had similar experiences?

Some people don't sleep well on a full stomach. I know some people that eat right up until they go to sleep with no problem. Meal timing is a personal preference thing.

I stop eating after dinner. Starting the day with a good amount of healthy carbs such as 1 cup of oatmeal and cinnamon typically helps.

Oatmeal is awesome! I like mine with a little brown sugar. Right now I have the Quaker Brown Sugar Oatmeal with little brown sugar dinosaur eggs that turn into dinosaurs when submerged in hot water. They're awesome! :)

I personally do better with more protein in the morning as far as being satiated for a longer period goes though.

As long as the person isn't above maintenance calories, they aren't going to gain any fat regardless of whether they go to sleep with a full stomach or on an empty stomach.

Edited: I skipped a couple words while typing apparently.
  • AmberNew16
    Options

Some people don't sleep well on a full stomach. I know some people that eat right up until they go to sleep with no problem. Meal timing is a personal preference thing.

Oatmeal is awesome! I like mine with a little brown sugar. Right now I have the Quaker Brown Sugar Oatmeal with little brown sugar dinosaur eggs that turn into dinosaurs when submerged in hot water. They're awesome! :)

I personally do better with more protein in the morning as far as being satiated for a longer period goes though.

As long as the person isn't above maintenance calories, they aren't going to gain any fat regardless of whether they go sleep with a full stomach or an empty stomach.

You sound spot on with everything. I thought I could eat up until bed and feel fine. After doing mfp for 12 days and quitting eating at 8 p.m, I can definitely tell a difference in the mornings. I felt sluggish this morning after eating late. No more of that for me :blush:

• WifiresGettingFit
    Options

You sound spot on with everything. I thought I could eat up until bed and feel fine. After doing mfp for 12 days and quitting eating at 8 p.m, I can definitely tell a difference in the mornings. I felt sluggish this morning after eating late. No more of that for me :blush:

I personally can't eat up until it's time to go to bed either.
    Part of the fun with the whole process is finding what works for you! :)

• AmberNew16
    Options

I personally can't eat up until it's time to go to bed either.
    Part of the fun with the whole process is finding what works for you! :)

Mfp has certainly taught me that :wink:
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    :)
  • DearestWinter
    DearestWinter Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I try to avoid eating after 8. Just personal preference - if I eat too late then I seem to be more likely to have nightmares.
  • AmberNew16
    Options
    I just saw this. Thanks winter