Anyone aiming for 10000 steps a day?

Options
Beafrenchie
Beafrenchie Posts: 6 Member
Hi, I'm trying really hard to walk 10 000 steps a day minimum 6 days a week . I'm 42 but have been quite ill in the past and can't really overdo it. I'm on the Fitbit but anyone could join. Let me know if you are interested in being a part of a group or being friends

Replies

• issypops
    issypops Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Hi, I try for 10,000 steps a day, some days I find it incredibly easy while other days it is a real challenge, it would be good to have and to offer some support and share tips and strategies. I'm a jawbone user, but I'm sure there would be a way to link them so please feel free to add me as a friend, same goes for anyone else looking to up their steps
  • Beafrenchie
    Beafrenchie Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks issypops. I have added you as a friend . I'll look into linking the flex to the jawbone, if we can't, the info is also on the food diary. Speak to you soon, Beatrice
  • Kdp2015
    Kdp2015 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Hey I have a Fitbit and am generally getting 10k + steps per day - feel free to add me :)
  • Grrlonamission94
    Grrlonamission94 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hey!
    I'm trying for 10000 a day too but I am stalling at 7-8000.
  • alimwilliams
    alimwilliams Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi there
    I'm aiming for 10000 steps a day. Just been on holiday and it was so easy but back at work it's really tough. Had a long walk yesterday and hit over 12000. Working on today's plan!
  • alimwilliams
    alimwilliams Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Anyone in this thread Feel free to add me by the way!
  • maffff
    maffff Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I aim for 20k a day, using a fitbit to measure. Hit it on weekdays by walking to / from work, weekends I'm often 6-8k, but as far as I'm concerned it balances out. If you're coming off illness just don't overly push yourself and feel your body as you go. Many of my aunts / uncles use fitbit too and regularly exceed 10k. ☺
  • iblackash
    iblackash Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi, I also am on Fitbit. My job means some days I am office bond and I struggle to hit my 10K target. Feel free to add me on here and Fitbit too (https://www.fitbit.com/user/3QTQJN)
  • kezwbatay
    kezwbatay Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hi, I also use Fitbit...mostly get 10k a day apart from last couple of weeks due to an injury :neutral: just getting back on track
  • carolwalker209
    carolwalker209 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm using Pacer app to monitor my steps, I used to get out of breathe easily. Since doing more walking, I am fitter and have lost a few pounds. I walk 6 days a week and rest on sundays. :) Please feel free to add me
  • sd644
    sd644 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hello. I'm aiming for 10000 steps a day. Am a new mum. Using Withings app to keep count. Some days it's really hard to get all the steps done as I'm not going out to work atm. I find approx 100mins walking will be 10000 steps for me. Would be nice to have support from others to spur me and vice verse. Feel free to add me.
  • Tanteee
    Tanteee Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I am for 10000 or more steps a day some days its easy others I struggle. Everyone feel free to add me I have a Fitbit Zip.
  • megimoops
    megimoops Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Just a question, isn't 10000 steps about four miles,
  • Big_Steezy
    Big_Steezy Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I aim for 10k steps but as I'm a delivery driver it isn't always that easy, usually it it most days though
  • tinz75
    tinz75 Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    Im 10-15k per day but it varies greatly based on my work load. Hope you are all doing the Goal Day challenge tomorrow for the Fitbit badge. If anyone wants to add me my fitbit profile is https://www.fitbit.com/user/24637Z
  • tinz75
    tinz75 Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    megimoops wrote: »
    Just a question, isn't 10000 steps about four miles,

I guess it varies on the stride length, I walk at about 1300 steps per KM
  • orochiwarrior
    orochiwarrior Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I am falling just short of my 10000 a day most days at the moment. I use my iPhone to count my steps. Feel free to add me people
  • reospw
    reospw Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have my target set for 8000, but try to hit 10 in the week. I'm reospw on Fitbit if anyone wants a little challenge!
  • Hermie123451982
    Hermie123451982 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I'm trying for 10k a day but some days are harder than other as o have a sedentary job. Using the ihealth app on my iPhone. Find it pretty accurate.
  • Alouema2
    Alouema2 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm trying (did 19000 at wknd!) just using Google Fit app. Didn't like Fitbit & Google is most reliable app I've found. It also connects to lots of other apps.
    Think it'll be winter where we struggle more.