Where are we all from?

Options
char_barr
char_barr Posts: 125 Member
Thought it would be neat to see

I'm from the "jersey shore" but nothing like the MTV show!

Replies

• jcavanna2
    jcavanna2 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Originally from Westchester County, NY and now living just outside of Charlotte, NC...we may head back north someday
  • NicoleL874
    NicoleL874 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    I'm from Fox Lake, IL! WOOT! Little drunken town that sits as the hub for the Chain O'Lakes, so boating season is starting so more drunks coming soon! I'm only 15 minutes from Wisconsin, so I'm NORTH. I am a suburban girl through and through so not one to answer, "I'm from Chicago" even though I know you guys all know Chicago but say "Fox Lake? Chain O'Lakes?" lol

And yes, I'm usually not at work on Friday but y'all are stuck with me this morning!
  • jcavanna2
    Options
    Ha ha you are too funny!
    Boating season must be fun though...I LOVE being out on a boat :)
  • NicoleL874
    Options
    I get motion sick, lol!!! I tend to stray from the boats if at all possible, but I do LOVE being on the water. #thestruggleisreal
  • jcavanna2
    Options
    You are too funny :)
  • char_barr
    Options
    LOL - we have "tourist" season starting too - that is when the fun really begins!
  • kimberlytedquist
    kimberlytedquist Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Jamestown New York == south of Buffalo .... claim to fame :) Home Of Lucy!
  • jcavanna2
    Options
    I have heard of Jamestown - I went to college in Oneonta and have family in Schenectady :)
  • Lori_Pensel
    Lori_Pensel Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • LostAngeleno
    LostAngeleno Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Los Angeles, here.
  • muscati
    muscati Posts: 22 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Hi everyone. I was born and raised n Louisiana. 100%cajun but I live n a country n the Middle East called oman. Been here 12 years. I do visit home almost every summer.
  • NicoleL874
    Options
    @muscati Wow! What brought you out there? Do you experience culture shock when you come home?
  • muscati
    muscati Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi I met my husband at LSU when u was in university. He's from here. We lived n. USA for 12 years then his father died n his mother needed us. We first came here only a few years ........ Lol now it's been 12 1/2. Lol
    It's nice and I do like it. Some things make me want to bang my head in he freaking wall. I go home each summer to Louisiana and see family. We just managed to get positions here we could never leave cus finances are good. Better schools than what we could afford in USA. So we stay. I have a lot of American and friends from uk. My in laws r Omani and r very kind but I do not hang out with them as much as I used to. I find being around my own culture is mentally better for me.
  • char_barr
    Options
    Wow! LSU. To Oman that sounds like a reality show in the making :)
  • katerbug1979
    katerbug1979 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi!!

My name is Katie, 3 weeks post op.... I live in South Jersey (the pretty part of Jersey, along with the Shore! Lol)

• char_barr
    Options
    Hi Katerbug1979- me too! Ocean twp :)
  • earempfer
    earempfer Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Leesburg, Va (the burbs of Washington, DC).
  • wndrwmn86
    wndrwmn86 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Hi yall I'm from and live in Houston, TX
  • christy311984
    christy311984 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone I am from a small one horse town in Northern Kentucky. :)