Off to Rome Tomato Challenge.

Options

Replies

• HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    I normally have back bacon for breakfast. Today I decided to save it for lunch and make it into a BLT. I have never done that before! Yesterday I made a chicken lasagne (has tomato sauce) using left over spinach from last week's Indian inspired lentil and rice dish with all the spices. Just one more tomato inspiration to go!
  • llmg970
    llmg970 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Went out for our anniversary and had a risotto dish with cherry tomatoes in it. Also had some of hubbys tomato bisque
  • tmn2016
    tmn2016 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    so my plans to have a nice Mediterranean dinner fell through but i managed to have sliced tomatoes with fresh mozzarella and a nice pasta dinner with diced roma tomatoes, onions, herbs (like a marinara sauce). It was very tasty! So tomato challenge now completed!
  • bigroastdinner
    bigroastdinner Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I had tomatoes in my salad every day this week, yesterday I had tomato soup and today I have tomato and cream cheese sandwiches so although not very inspirational options, I have now completed this challenge :)
  • enuf2
    enuf2 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    day 1 - tomatoes in salad
    day 2 - BLT
    day 3 - raw veggies, including grape tomatoes
    day 4 - raw veggies, grape tomatoes
  • gawworthington
    gawworthington Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    I eat tomatoes every day. They are my favorite. I will be glad when I have fresh from my garden.
  • hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    Day 1: Tomatoes in salsa
    Day 2: Roasted garlic (yum!!)
    Day 3: Spicy tomato sauce with spinach over pasta
    Tomato challenge complete! :)
  • CeruleanCoffee
    CeruleanCoffee Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I had cherry tomatoes on a salad for dinner on Wednesday and Thursday this week. These were dinners where I really wanted comfort food - especially in the form of ice cream, which is in abundance at the cafeteria at the college I work at. But, I made the conscious decision to have fresh fruit and veggies to help me feel better long-term (versus the temporary satisfaction of ice cream which would be followed by the sluggishness and guilt later). So, cherry tomatoes and other fresh foods for the win! I'm not sure I would have been so intentional in these choices if it hadn't been for this specific challenge.
  • lbenson2006
    lbenson2006 Posts: 3,372 Member
    Options
    Day 1: Threw together some cucumbers, grape tomatoes, and some light Olive Garden dressing.
    Day 2: Chopped up some grape tomatoes and added to some whole grain rice.
    Day 3: Mixed whole grain rice, black beans, and cut up grape tomatoes. It was actually pretty darn good. :smiley:
  • khalley888
    khalley888 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I had cooked tomatoes with sea bass at a restaurant this week.
  • aston2045
    aston2045 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Nothing original but got my tomatoes in :) Day 1 was grilled tomatoes and bell peppers for fajitas. Day 2 was sliced tomato on my sandwich. Day 3 was cherry tomatoes on my salad. And I love salsa and have that a few times a week.
  • TaraDanielle40
    TaraDanielle40 Posts: 287 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Day1: grape tomatos, cucumber, feta, olive oil salad
    Day 2: tomato sandwich ( as soon as nice weather hits, this is me all day, everyday)
    Day 3: english muffin halved topped with tomato/egg/cheese
  • tfisher678
    tfisher678 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Nothing original but I did manage to add tomatoes to several foods...salads, sub sandwiches, cherry tomatoes plain as a snack, and tomatilla salsa added to egg / mushroom / spinach / cheese omelet :)
  • tooru
    tooru Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Added them just as snack, and bought more meals with tomatoes included!
  • 120maggie
    120maggie Posts: 4,981 Member
    Options
    120maggie wrote: »
    Added some Cherub tomatoes into the pan when when I was sauteing tilapia in Pam spray and lime juice. I roll the tilapia in flour, garlic powder, lemon pepper, Old bay seasoning, and orange peel. Added a little favor and lots of color. Next time I might saute spinach and the tomatoes together, then cook the fish.

tomatoes in salad 2 or 3 times. Scrambled eggs with tomatoes this morning. One of our favorite summer meals is BLTs and corn on the cob. Looking forward to our garden tomatoes, but it will be a while :/
  • leti126
    leti126 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I had tomatoes in many forms this week. Cherry tomatoes on salad, tomato sauce on veggie pizza tomatoes in a blt wrap (turkey bacon). I also use Italian herbs in everything! I'm growing some basil now too
  • smiphette
    smiphette Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I had cottage cheese and tomatoes for breakfast every day this week. It is my favorite breakfast... and I am boring :)
  • farmerpam1
    farmerpam1 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    farmerpam1 wrote: »
    Tonight I had tomato sauce with broccoli slaw instead of pasta. Very filling.
    Yesterday was salad with tomatoes, I know, not too original.

I've also had grilled tomatoes, pizza and stuffed cabbage with tomato sauce this week.
  • sukkara
    sukkara Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Green salad & tomatoes, marinara, and tomatoes with grilled vegetables & yogurt.
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    For my last inspiration, I made a casserole using a can of diced tomatoes. The next day I ate lunch at a restaurant and had tomatoes on my wrap and in my salad.