Week 4 Daily Check-In Thread for April (Monday Aprill 25th through Sunday May 1st)

Options
heatherc369
heatherc369 Posts: 1,555 Member
It's week 4 already!?!? Lets do this ladies :)

Replies

• LilDebbieG71
    LilDebbieG71 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm in for another week! I can't believe by the end of this week, it will be May!!! Hope everyone has a great week :)
  • Kerryatoon
    Kerryatoon Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Woot! Glad to be back on track this week!!! This weekend I hosted a party and didn't go crazy but also didn't track. Let's go! :)
  • NadiaMayl
    NadiaMayl Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Whew... here we go!! Booty kicked at Spin class today... got home starving and wolfed down an ENTIRE can of black beans... hahaha I.Just.Could.Not.Stop.Eating.Them.Beans!!!! :blush:

I'm trying to get a little tighter in my portion measuring and using the scale... I don't think I'm logging as accurate as I should be!! Hoping to see -2lbs. this week!!!
  • Kerryatoon
    Options
    On point on my food today & did my Jillian body Shred tonight..whew! Ate back half my exercise calories and headed to dreamland feeling good. I have one more pond to lose by the end of April for a challenge in another group. Let's do this!
  • heatherc369
    Options
    @LilDebbieG71 This year sure is going by fast already isn't it? Holy Moly!

@Ktmc132 Jillian is no joke! I did 30 Day Shred, most of the way through lol Wish I hadn't sold all her DVD's I had :(

@NadiaMayl MMM Love me some black beans! Your body must have needed some extra protein!! I need a food scale because I try to always over estimate but its all more like a guess really

So....yesterday I did good eating, although it was hard because my stomach was so tore up and was up half the night Sunday night. ( I have Ulcerative Colitis and a sick Gall Bladder). I only ended up eating half my dinner even though I logged all of it..did not want MFP to yell at me about not eating enough but it just was not possible ! But it made for some yummy leftovers for lunch today :) I did my 30 day challenge and the 8fit ap, def did not get my steps in nor did i do as much exercise throughout the day due to not feeling well at all.

8 Fit Tabata Full Body

(1) Set of 40 Butt Kicks Each Leg
    (1) Set of 40 High Knees Each Leg
    (1) Set of 40 Jumping Jacks
    (1) 40 Second Plank
    (6) Sets of 20 Squats
    (6) Sets of 12 Lunges
    (6) Sets of 25 Standing Calf Raises
    (6) Sets of 20 Wall Push-Ups
  • heatherc369
    Options
    I felt so poopy yesterday that I did even less exercise yesterday than I did Monday :(

(1) Set of 45 Butt Kicks Each Leg
    (1) Set of 45 High Knees Each Leg
    (1) Set of 45 Jumping Jacks
    (1) 45 Second Plank
    (6) Sets of 20 Squats
    (5) Sets of 12 Lunges
    (5) Sets of 25 Standing Calf Raises
    (5) Sets of 20 Wall Push-Ups
  • Kerryatoon
    Options
    Yesterday.. I ate on point.. I actually stayed in my macro goals of 10%-Carb, 20%-Protein, 70%-Fats. The carb/sugar cravings last night were insane though :( Exercise - Day 2, Level 1 Shred.. check!
  • heatherc369
    Options
    Ktmc132 wrote: »
    Yesterday.. I ate on point.. I actually stayed in my macro goals of 10%-Carb, 20%-Protein, 70%-Fats. The carb/sugar cravings last night were insane though :( Exercise - Day 2, Level 1 Shred.. check!

Holy moly how do you do such a low % on carbs? I would die lol 99% of mine come from veggies but I still get 40% lol
  • Kerryatoon
    Options
    Lol @heatherc369, it ain't easy.. But my goal is only to do it for 1 week. B) Last time it broke my plateau and actually felt amazing. I think you can look at my food diary for yesterday and today if you're interested. Makes me realize how addicted to sugar I am when I feel like getting a straw and drinking a cup of honey or scarfing a whole bag of Oreos at night.. lol. Luckily those hard cravings and headaches only last the first few days.
  • NadiaMayl
    Options
    @Ktmc132 I couldn't survive on that amount of carbs... I had to a long time ago, follow a very strict Candida diet for 4 months I lived off of yogurt, meat, vegetables and eggs... Nothing which could be converted to sugars! It was hard for the first three weeks, and then I admit I felt soooo good! But the beginning was tough, headaches, lethargy, nausea.. Bbblllaaaggghhh!

It's fun to see different people's daily diaries and see how everyone deals differently! Like I see @heatherc369 hardly eats breakfast... I can't function without protein in the morning!

That's why it's so important to take 'dieting' as a learning curve, because everyone's needs are different!
  • LilDebbieG71
    LilDebbieG71 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi all :) I had a great day! Stayed on track with food and got in a lot of cardio. I did 40 minutes on the elliptical followed by 40 minutes on the stationary bike. When I dropped my daughter off at art class, I saw a lot of people out running and enjoying the Spring air. I miss running! I used to run until a few injuries derailed me....then I gained a bunch of weight and have found it hard to run again. Well, today I looked up the Couch to 5K program (that's how I started running 8 years ago) and I did week 1, day 1 walk/run. It felt so darn good!! I'm still pretty sore from my weight workout on Monday (heavy squats kill my legs for days!!). Tomorrow I'm supposed to do cardio and a weighted workout, but I think I will skip the cardio after doing literally 2 hours of cardio today. I hope my legs are rested enough for another weighted workout!

@heatherc369 I have Crohn's so I can relate.

@Ktmc132 Is that a ketosis diet you're doing? That's a lot of fat.....are you living off avocados right now! I'll have to check out your diary....you have me curious :)

@NadiaMayl Mmmmmm....I love black beans! I love to make refried beans out of them and eat them with eggs for breakfast. Yummy!!

Have a great evening all :)
  • Kerryatoon
    Options
    Great Job Everyone!!! Another successful day for me too, yes @LilDebbieG71 I'm shooting for ketosis but I only do it in bursts when my weight loss stalls. From what I've researched, it isn't long enough to get past the blah period but also avoids the long term salt and mineral deficits. Definitely a learning curve! And no I am allergic to avocados :neutral: among other things (corn, curcurbits, pumpkin, bananas) Stinks because I love all of them. @NadiaMayl I can't imagine doing it that long, what was it for if you don't mind me asking? You reminded me I need to grab some yogurt at the store tomorrow :wink:
    I did day 3 of my Jillian Michaels Bodyshred and it felt great!!!
  • NadiaMayl
    Options
    @Ktmc132 I had a severe case of Candida overgrowth, systemic. Candida feeds on any little sugar you feed it, hence the VERY restrictive diet. And because we all have it and it's normal to have it in balanced amounts, if you don't follow a diet like that for a long time, the balance keeps leaning towards the overgrowth! Plus this kind of eating taught me that I have certain food sensitivities, because you start reintroducing foods one at a time!
  • heatherc369
    Options
    @Ktmc132 I give you props girl! But I know when you hit a plateau you have to mix things up a bit and kind of shock your body so good for you! And I pity you for being allergic to avocados.....that has to stink!

@NadiaMayl I go through phases with breakfast, sometimes I go for months where I need yogurt! And then for a couple weeks I will bring bacon and eggs to work.......then I will go a couple weeks where i just can't eat in the morning. I am on a new medication that makes me not hungry very often so I have to force myself to eat sometimes which can be good and bad.

@LilDebbieG71 Dang girl, I am sure you get worse than me then.....but I know you feel me when I say I hurt too much to eat or move at times!

My eating was not so good yesterday, my son had his last spirit night for school at Tijuana Flats and I had pre-logged and pre-planned to have a healthy No-Ritto bowl ( basically burrito without the tortilla) but once we got there I ordered nachos and also ate some chips in salsa so i probably went over by 1000 calories and my sodium intake was also probably through the roof......in addition to those being foods I shouldn't eat at all with U.C. ESPECIALLY during a flare up :(

(1) Set of 50 Butt Kicks Each Leg
    (1) Set of 50 High Knees Each Leg
    (1) Set of 50 Jumping Jacks
    (1) 50 Second Plank
    (5) Sets of 20 Squats
    (5) Sets of 12 Lunges
  • NadiaMayl
    Options
    You know those days you get weighed at the doctor's office? I love my Gyn's scale! It's always 3 pounds below mine! Hehehe so even though I know I'm keeping track with my own scale to be consistent... It was a sweet giggle to see a 156.5lbs on her scale today!!! Hehehe after that, not so fun with the girlie Doctor!
  • heatherc369
    Options
    NadiaMayl wrote: »
    You know those days you get weighed at the doctor's office? I love my Gyn's scale! It's always 3 pounds below mine! Hehehe so even though I know I'm keeping track with my own scale to be consistent... It was a sweet giggle to see a 156.5lbs on her scale today!!! Hehehe after that, not so fun with the girlie Doctor!

At least there was something to cheer you up before they violate you lol
  • heatherc369
    Options
    I am amazed I actually saw a loss this week! My sodium intake last weekend made the scale jump big time but I drank lots of water and it worked! Going to the Beach tomorrow with the fam, tried to talk them into going for a hike but they said they want to relax not sweat (Getting hot on Florida) Then house cleaning and farmers market Sunday.....SO I may or may not be checking in here ...if not have a great weekend everyone!

Yesterday I did the 30 day challenge along with a my other go-to in office exercises:

(1) Set of 55 Butt Kicks Each Leg
    (1) Set of 55 High Knees Each Leg
    (1) Set of 55 Jumping Jacks
    (1) 55 Second Plank
    (5) Sets of 20 Squats
    (5) Sets of 12 Lunges
  • Kerryatoon
    Options
    Well I managed to eat in point yesterday even at the sushi restaurant..I also had to resist pressure to eat a cupcake to celebrate my 2 year sobriety birthday. I said no thanks & the girl handing them out said "c'mon its your birthday!" So I took one and held it for 10 minutes and then put it back in the box..lol! It shut her up and I accomplished my carb/calorie goals for the day!!! yay! Food is such an awkward social activity when you're following a strict deficit.. Weird. Did my Bodyshred when I got home, hamstrings still hurt. Carb cravings were less last night. AND...Weighed this an and dropped 2 more pounds!!! Haven't been below 150 for over 2 years! Couldn't have done it without you ladies!!! Let's kill May!
  • Kerryatoon
    Options
    I am amazed I actually saw a loss this week! My sodium intake last weekend made the scale jump big time but I drank lots of water and it worked! Going to the Beach tomorrow with the fam, tried to talk them into going for a hike but they said they want to relax not sweat (Getting hot on Florida) Then house cleaning and farmers market Sunday.....SO I may or may not be checking in here ...if not have a great weekend everyone!

WAY TO GO @heatherc369!!! Have a good weekend! See you at the Shred next week?!
  • heatherc369
    Options
    @Ktmc132 That is awesome! Good for you! That's some good will power right there! And yes, starting the shred Monday after work! No excuses! Mon-Fri no matter what!
This discussion has been closed.